Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schadenfreude.

+3
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 20:58

i don't like you, don't you have your own teams site?

22Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Mon Jan 23 2012, 21:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:Isn't hanging round the local Spar the dream of every Bolton girl? Most achieve it to be fair.

At least its a step up fron Nisa stores, which are famed for their Blackburn girls.

23Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Tue Jan 24 2012, 00:07

Jeff_Chandler

David Ngog
David Ngog

I've just looked and they haven't bought your domain name, they've bought the .com version, you cant blame KFC for setting up opposite McDonalds, it's common practice, you should have bought both versions!

24Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Tue Jan 24 2012, 00:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jeff_Chandler wrote:I've just looked and they haven't bought your domain name, they've bought the .com version...

Yes, we know that mate - that's what was said in the very first post on this thread -

Reebok Trotter wrote:Enter Michael Smith, Wigan plumber and owner of BWFCForum.

Mr Smith who calls himself Josh8 on his forum has shelled out £20 of his hard earned brass to purchase Boltonnuts.com. If you log onto it you are redirected to his forum instead of ours.

As for -

Jeff_Chandler wrote:...you cant blame KFC for setting up opposite McDonalds, it's common practice, you should have bought both versions!

...maybe it is common practice in business - but we aren't a business we are just here for a bit of fun - that's all.

Mr Smith as gone out of his way and spent money to shaft us - wtf for?

Is his site so hard up for posters that he's PAYING money out of his own pocket to MISDIRECT the odd one or two people trying to visit us via the .com address?

Is he trying to be vindictive and screw a fellow Bolton Wanderers forum simply because he doesn't like one or more of the posters on it - how pathetic is that if it is the case?

Well Mr Smith you clearly know we are here - that's why you bought the .com domain name - so why did you buy it - and then redirect it to your own site?

Is this an example of your honesty, ethics and morality in how you conduct your business generally?

Your silence is deafening.

25Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Tue Jan 24 2012, 09:25

At the end of the day this gentleman played on our naivety, we just thought it was a bit of fun and I guess we'll learn from our mistake. I was annoyed yesterday but all's fair in love and war.

I'd never heard of this other site until recently, I thought it was a new site judging by the amount of posters - sluffy tells me it's been going ages! So much for this gentleman's marketing and business skills.

And as for his business, a quick glance of his company accounts suggests it won't be his business for much longer. They make for dire reading.

At the end of the day we're both small sites so I'm not sure how many people will actually type in .com by mistake - maybe one or two? And even those who do will quickly realise it isn't Bolton Nuts.

So let's not waste anymore time on this, I don't want to follow other sites down the route of abuse and forums wars. We're grown men and women, not kids.

26Schadenfreude. - Page 2 Empty Re: Schadenfreude. Tue Jan 24 2012, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Magpie has spoken on BA. Smiffy has made it personal. Now we know the cut of his jib we should ignore the smug twerp and wish him all the best for the future.

I bought the domain purely to shaft Sluffy....(the best £20 I've spent this year)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum