Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish are much better and happier now they're British fish.

+6
Sluffy
sunlight
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jacob Rees-Mogg actually made this comment today. You really couldn't make it up could you?

Happy Fish

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a fish finger sandwich for tea, they definitely looked happier than last time I had them.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I had a fish finger sandwich for tea, they definitely looked happier than last time I had them.
Hi Nat. But it seems the fish have personally told Dr Dolittle- I mean Mr Rees-Mogg they're better and happier now. I just wonder if he's planning a crackdown on 'illegal immigrant haddock' or will he settle for keeping 'foreign cod' out of our sea. And is there going to be a new division of the coastguard or Royal Navy? After all, we must protect our borders against those marauding French Herrings mustn't we?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had fish and chips for tea, fish wasn’t that nice, must have been from a batch before they were British

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Really BTID? In that case I think you need to call the new UK Codguard Service. They bravely defend our British waters from incursions by foreign salmon, herring, tuna and of course those evil French prawns. The number is 0800 HERRING (326 6354).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is no laughing matter. A racist cadre of sea creatures is already in British waters, spearheaded by the notorious Ku Klux Clams. Be warned.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Do fish really have fingers with bread crumbs on them?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No it’s a load of codswallop

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:This is no laughing matter. A racist cadre of sea creatures is already in British waters, spearheaded by the notorious Ku Klux Clams. Be warned.
I thought they were led by the Proud Prawns? Or maybe it was those MAGA-Sharks?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:No it’s a load of codswallop
No walloping cod BTID. You can batter as many Haddock as you want though. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I like fish, had a lovely fillet of haddock in fact only this evening.

When I was a child I remember my mother used to tell us that fish was 'brain food' - food for the brain - and eating it would make you cleverer than if you didn't - anyone else got told the same, is it a local saying perhaps?

Anyway I needed no encouragement I liked fish (not the bones though!).

Funnily enough and many years later when my daughter was very young my ex had this big thing about giving her Omega-3, which I understand comes from fish oil, or at least one source of it is.

I never bought into the claim that it is really 'brain food' but my daughter and I seemed to have survived the fish that was fed to us as youngsters so I don't suppose it did us an harm either.

Fish, chips and mushy peas is still my favourite take away out of all the choices we have on offer to us these days - just a shame they don't do the mushy peas bit down south where I live.

My daughter still talks about how good the Bolton chippy's are and I bet it must be a good ten years since I last took her back 'home'!

Happy days.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I had one of those Canadian lobsters the other day. 10 minutes to cut, crack it, etc, and 2 minutes to eat it. Very nice, but the problem was that once I'd tried a small piece, I couldn't stop eating it, and ended up eating it without anything to accompany it..

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I had one of those Canadian lobsters the other day. 10 minutes to cut, crack it, etc, and 2 minutes to eat it. Very nice, but the problem was that once I'd tried a small piece, I couldn't stop eating it, and ended up eating it without anything to accompany it..
Lobster is by far and away my favourite seafood, not that I get to eat it enough. Slaver it in hot butter and have it sent up to my room.
Those chunks of heaven are borderline rude.
And there should be loads of it now our export lobsters ain't fresh when they arrive in the EU - so all the more for us!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I had one of those Canadian lobsters the other day. 10 minutes to cut, crack it, etc, and 2 minutes to eat it. Very nice, but the problem was that once I'd tried a small piece, I couldn't stop eating it, and ended up eating it without anything to accompany it..

You accompany it with another! Wink

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone think Lord Snooty was just being whimsical and tongue in cheek? I do but here's a tough one. Are sobersided gloom mongers, sobersided gloom mongers?

In my very young days, posh folk in the chippy queue would request lightly battered silver hake rather than the commonplace cod of the common folk. Others in the queue would look at each other as if to say 'ooooh'.

I wonder if we are going to be getting more silver hake now? I thought most of it was going to Spain?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Jan 15 2021, 11:28; edited 2 times in total

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Jacob Rees-Mogg actually made this comment today. You really couldn't make it up could you?

Happy Fish
Its because Rees-Mogg is part of the Cod family.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fish are much better and happier now they're British fish.  291447

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mogg arrives for work at his premises circa 1824.

Fish are much better and happier now they're British fish.  1GSV3ag

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fish are much better and happier now they're British fish.  2K6eTWX

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Jacob Rees-Mogg actually made this comment today. You really couldn't make it up could you?

Happy Fish

It seems fish brexit was orchestrated by the new Cummings variant....

Fish are much better and happier now they're British fish.  Iu5q2mtfhj401

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum