Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton

+2
Norpig
Sluffy
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Mon Mar 29 2021, 15:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A new TV series about Amir Khan and his wife as just started - trying to make them to be the new Kardashian's apparently!

I've watched the first show already...

...I won't be bothering with the rest though!

Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  P09b7ysz

Anyway for anyone who likes this sort of thing, the link is here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0994mg6/meet-the-khans-big-in-bolton-series-1-episode-1

2Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mrs Pig wants to watch this but i'm not bothered. It's funny as when he was a young lad in the Olympics everyone in Bolton loved him, now you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who likes him.

He seems like a nice enough lad to me but he isn't popular in Bolton these days that's for sure.

3Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Mon Mar 29 2021, 18:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think he's probably a nice bloke but a bit dim, who has been taken advantage of by others, mixing with the wrong crowd as a youth/young man.

He's been controlled by his father and is now controlled by his wife who seems to want the money more than him.

He said on the episode I suffered through that he's only really happy when he's boxing and I can believe that, it's the only place where he is confident in himself I guess.

I suppose I fell sorry for him a bit, well as much as you can for a multi-millionaire who is a bit dim and made probably many poor life choices.

Still he has his millions, mansion and trophy wife out of it.

4Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 08:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He needs to get that bloody wedding venue finished, he said he's already spent around £11 million and it's nowhere near finished.

5Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 08:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lady Bobsworth watched some of the first episode and told me how truly awful it was. She wasn't wrong. I had the misfortune to catch about ten minutes of Episode 2 last night.

Who at the Broadcorping Castration gets to decide that this is the kind of bilge the Great British public want to see?

6Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 08:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Viewing figures (top50) are published online retrospectively by Thinkbox.

7Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 09:03

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Viewing figures (top50) are published online retrospectively by Thinkbox.
'Thinkbox'? They're 'avin a larf.

Dumbing Downbox, to the lowest common denominator, if you ask me.

8Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 09:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I didn’t. 
Although reluctantly I will ask you why you think television companies commission TV shows if not for viewing figures?

9Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 09:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
I didn’t. 
Although reluctantly I will ask you why you think television companies commission TV shows if not for viewing figures?
Viewing figures equals lowest common denominator equals money. Not all about money though. A lot of it's about propaganda, some of it's about culture but by God there's a tsunami of dross and I'm not keen on dross or tsunamis. End of story.

10Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 13:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Finding Jack Charlton.

11Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 14:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I didn’t. 

Public Service broadcasters such as the BBC certainly don't commission TV shows based on viewing figures.

It's current mission statement is -

"To act in the public interest, serving all audiences with impartial, high-quality and distinctive media content and services that inform, educate and entertain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36276570

12Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 14:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I watched Finding Jack Charlton.
 I've watched the first hour of it, will finish it tonight but it's been great so far. He was a proper character was Big Jack.

13Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Tue Mar 30 2021, 18:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I watched Finding Jack Charlton.
So did Lady Bosworth and I, Boncey. We agreed that that was worth watching.

14Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Wed Mar 31 2021, 06:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Viewing figures equals lowest common denominator equals money. Not all about money though. A lot of it's about propaganda, some of it's about culture but by God there's a tsunami of dross and I'm not keen on dross or tsunamis. End of story.
It shouldn’t be all about the viewing figures, totally agree, nor is it entirely  but viewing figures are a prerequisite to existence whereas content quality isn’t.

“quality” it isn’t defined by what you like either. And I’m fairly grateful for that.

15Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Wed Mar 31 2021, 11:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
It shouldn’t be all about the viewing figures, totally agree, nor is it entirely  but viewing figures are a prerequisite to existence whereas content quality isn’t.

“quality” it isn’t defined by what you like either. And I’m fairly grateful for that.

:rofl:

Funny how you seemed to have accidently on purpose missed my post above, which can again be used here to disprove what you are saying.

Sluffy wrote:Public Service broadcasters such as the BBC certainly don't commission TV shows based on viewing figures.

It's current mission statement is -

"To act in the public interest, serving all audiences with impartial, high-quality and distinctive media content and services that inform, educate and entertain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36276570

16Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Thu Apr 01 2021, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fortunately the BBC have sufficient viewing figures to justify their continued existence which in turn affords them the luxury of producing a marketing mission statement.

Oh yeah..you “accidentally on purpose” (quote) missed the bit I wrote about the necessity of existence.

Talking of the value of crap mission statements, this from American company Avery Dennison:

“To make every brand more inspiring and the world more intelligent”

They make stick-on labels. Very Happy

17Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Thu Apr 01 2021, 11:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The BBC excels at works of drama which make the licence fee worth paying on its own. I've not seen much to rival Line of Duty, Cracker, Bleak House and so on. Outstanding stuff...

18Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Thu Apr 01 2021, 12:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Fortunately the BBC have sufficient viewing figures to justify their continued existence which in turn affords them the luxury of producing a marketing mission statement.

Oh yeah..you “accidentally on purpose” (quote) missed the bit I wrote about the necessity of existence.

Talking of the value of crap mission statements, this from American company Avery Dennison:

“To make every brand more inspiring and the world more intelligent”

They make stick-on labels. Very Happy

Eh???

Wtf are you on about again?

The BBC only exists because it is incorporated under a Royal Charter - which gives it a legality in law.  If the Charter is not renewed the BBC will have to close down - although that is extremely unlikely to happen.

The BBC hasn't come up with that mission statement - it is imposed upon them by the Charter!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/577829/57964_CM_9365_Charter_Accessible.pdf

The 'necessity of existence' is not relevent to the BBC as you seem to believe it is, it works to a completely different reason for being - it is a 'public service' broadcaster set up by royal 'statute' and not a 'commercial' company type one.

This can easily be evidenced by why the BBC let its most popular show 'The Great British Bake Off' move to the commercial channel it is now on.

No other broadcast organisation would have let its jewel in the crown (in terms of viewing figures) go so easily otherwise!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37353262

Oh but I forget, you know everything about anything and are never wrong ever!

Yeah right...

Rolling Eyes

19Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Thu Apr 01 2021, 12:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you two start a separate Sluffy vs Lusty thread where you can wind each other up without the rest of us having to read it please?

20Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton  Empty Re: Meet the Khans - Big in Bolton Thu Apr 01 2021, 12:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can you two start a separate Sluffy vs Lusty thread where you can wind each other up without the rest of us having to read it please?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum