Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morecambe 0-1 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess we are all aware of what this game means for our season.
Delighted we're even in this position competing for automatic promotion given where we were, but after recent performances I'm desperately worried we've peaked and there's nothing left in the tank.
Morecambe have to be massive favourites to end our hopes and throw us back into the lottery of the playoffs.
Having scored 11 goals in their last 3 games they've hit form at the right time and confidence must be sky high but somehow we have to get a result on the coast and then again against playoff contenders Exeter a week later. Fortunately it looks like Crawley have now slipped out of the picture.
If we get automatic promotion from this position it will be an absolute triumph but I'm fearing it will all start to unravel on Saturday.

Sadly, I think we'll lose - but if we do and Evatt comes out with "the players were tired" I'll be pissed off given what he did- or rather didn't do last night.

2Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 11:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said this on the Carlisle thread but this is the biggest game since Forest. We have to find a way of at least getting a draw but as Lusty said they are scoring for fun at the moment.

Do we risk bringing back Sarcevic for this game? If he's not entirely fit then i personally wouldn't risk it as he will need to be tracking back a lot more than usual as Morecambe will throw the kitchen sink at us.

We could possibly be without John so do we use Brockbank there or go to the young lad on loan from Huddersfield (Jackson is it?). I would go with Brockbank just as he's more experienced but he isn't left footed.

If we do end up losing this then we can kiss goodbye to automatic promotion i reckon.

3Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have preferred us to draw last night, meaning we would have to go to Morecambe and win.

The fact we only need to draw to stay in the top 3 worries me, I hope we don't turn up playing for that draw. But I suspect we will.

4Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 14:14

Never seen this team play for a draw, can’t see it starting now. 

It’s going to be nervous, the players have put a hell of a lot in the last few months and this is the final push. Praying John is fit, I think he’s vital if he’s not I’d play Jackson thought he looked good when he first came in.

5Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 17:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knowing us we'll probably walk it 3-0, and wonder what all the fuss was about.

6Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 21:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With exeter to follow we cant afford a draw

7Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 21 2021, 21:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Surprisingly, none of the top teams in contention this season have crumbled, apart from FGR's slight stumble. its like waiting for the first one to blink. I should think every manager is unsure whether to keep their tired first team playing to the end, or bring in fresh blood for the final push. I think Evatt will stay with all the regulars, and if he does, therein could be our downfall

8Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Thu Apr 22 2021, 19:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don’t know what all the worry is about, this is Morecambe for goodness sake, not Barcelona. Yes they’re a good side for this level and having an exceptional season and those wins lately have turned their goal difference round markedly, which is why a draw is no good for us because it’s worth a point to them if they keep it. They’re 2 goals better than us but we can make that back on Saturday if we play half like.

9Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Thu Apr 22 2021, 20:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whoever scores the first goal wins this game for me because we rarely look like throwing away a lead but also rarely look like scoring 2

10Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Fri Apr 23 2021, 20:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

12Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 15:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn’t have asked for a better first half

14Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 17:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well dun the lads.  Very Happy

The result means we only have to win one of the two remaining games. Got to love our chances now.

As for the game of course we had the advantage against 10 men but I thought we were by far the better team anyhow......that young lad Jackson Impressed me not just because of the goal but looked very composed on the ball.

Onwards.

15Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 17:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good result, nice gap to 4th.  Still was nervy at the end

16Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 18:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Couldn't have wished for more a sending off and a victory. Only Bolton can stop us now. Thought young George was just struggling today with his passing game, but Jackson took his chance and for me was MOM.

17Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 18:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic result but another dire performance.

A goal and a man up, we should have bossed that second half and showed that we are worthy of promotion. Sadly, we didn't.

Credit to the keeper, defenders and defensive midfielders who have mainly been outstanding for months now. But our decision making in the final third is really, really poor at times. Hopefully we'll find our shooting boots next Saturday.

18Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 19:23

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Feels so good to sit out in the sun with a victory behind us. I was a mess this morning and got told off for pacing up and down. “What is wrong with you?”

19Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Feels so good to sit out in the sun with a victory behind us. I was a mess this morning and got told off for pacing up and down. “What is wrong with you?”
Laughing Laughing

20Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 24 2021, 19:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Massive hurdle overcome and what a fantastic position we are now in - but I have to agree with Natasha. Amazes me how we continue to overplay it near the box or make the wrong decision - we're not good enough to walk it into the net and there were a number of times when a bit of quick thinking or having a shot might have produced more goals but we won even though the lack of a second goal made what could have been a comfortable win into a nerve jangling nightmare.
Add to that the luck we've had this season and not just in our own games leaves me gobsmacked that we've ended up where we are - but I'm not complaining.

One win needed and two chances to get it - Exeter who are desperate to sneak into the playoffs and Crawley who we've never beaten but will be playing for no more than pride - and their record against us.
As Wessy says, only we can stop us now so let's drag ourselves over the line and Evatt can have the whole summer to sort out the lack of goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum