Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL Declan John signs for 3 years

+4
Norpig
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
observer
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic news!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

John Returns On Three-Year Deal

Declan John has a signed a three-year deal with Bolton Wanderers, subject to clearance, the club is delighted to confirm.

The 25 year-old defender initially joined Wanderers on loan from Swansea City in January and went on to play a starring role for the club as they returned to Sky Bet League One at the first attempt.

During an impressive spell for Wanderers, he made 21 appearances and scored two goals last term.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk, the Welshman said: “I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the club during what was a special season. Feeling appreciated and wanted by Bolton Wanderers brings me huge joy and I am delighted to sign this deal.

“This club is going on a journey and I wanted to be part of it. I cannot wait to get going for next season.”

Wanderers Manager Ian Evatt added: “Declan was a huge success for us last season after coming in on loan from Swansea in January.

“He played a big part in us producing an incredible run which culminated in us getting promotion.

“He’s a very, very talented footballer as we have all seen and I’m really happy that he has committed his future to us. He’s the sort of player this club should be signing and we are hopeful that he can be a huge part in getting Bolton Wanderers back to where we belong.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers great news!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It just gets better with every announcement, in the past the loans just disappeared now they can't wait to come aboard fantastic. Striker and a Keeper please

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:It just gets better with every announcement, in the past the loans just disappeared now they can't wait to come aboard fantastic. Striker and a Keeper please
It does but most of the signings so far have been last years' team. I'm sure that they can all step up a division but it's the bits that need filling in that need to be a step up in quality - and they'll be harder to recruit. But we're definitely on the way to building a competitive team.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
It does but most of the signings so far have been last years' team. I'm sure that they can all step up a division but it's the bits that need filling in that need to be a step up in quality - and they'll be harder to recruit. But we're definitely on the way to building a competitive team.
You saw what happened when we needed to recruit a full squad it was a disaster until January, we now have a team that went on a winning run for the last 4 months , they know the system they believe in the manager, so to add two very good loan signings from teams from a higher division both more than capable of playing division one level is a huge boost.

The two other additions seem to be a step in the right direction and add Politic and we are now filling the squad with quality rather than quantity. With this manager and this chairman i can only see improvement the next few weeks should see further additions of the required standard. This club is on the up.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can only agree with all the above, especially Wessy's comment about the need for another keeper and striker....a combative, tall man who can hold the ball up, actually win some headers and chip in with a few goals....written like that, it makes it sound as if such a player would cost a fortune! (But Madine springs to mind?)

Hope that Evatt is already aware of an affordable player who could fulfil at least some of those qualities at this level, if only as a plan B. I'm sure Evatt wouldn't let the team revert to simply hoofing it forward aimlessly.

Everything so far has been grounds for optimism!

Love that, a striker and a couple of additions to pad out the squad and I think we’re in a good place.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evans is doing a marvellous job of putting together a team to challenge at the top of League 2.

Shame we're in League 1.

We scraped promotion by a point from Morecambe, re-signing so many players from last season is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. John was ok, better than what we had previously, but I thought he was bang average during the run-in.

And why the fook are we dishing out 3 year contracts - there is absolutely no need for any League 1 club to give such a lengthy contract, absolutely ridiculous.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back Nat, where've you been?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nice to see you back Nat, where've you been?

Long story. I may tell it later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum