Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where do you stand on Russell Brand?

+3
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

There are some very good Russell Brand podcasts available for free on YouTube.

He talks to, amongst others

Yuval Noah
Echart Tolle
Fern Cotton
Ricky Gervais
Derren Brown
Richard Ayoade

Next time you are in the bath, I implore you to stick one on your phone.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I used to dislike him intensely before he came off the booze and drugs, but these days I do genuinely quite like and admire the chap. He was always interesting to watch even when he was a dickhead, but yeah, I've seen quite a few of his youtube stuff and I'm impressed.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Entertaining fella. Quite like his less intense nature these days but he seems to be a little less funny for it. I’ve enjoyed much of what he’s done over the years

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Do people find shit like this funny???

I guess they must do but it isn't for me.

He phones up a seventy year old bloke - live on radio - to tell him he fucked his granddaughter - just to get a cheap laugh???

No thanks.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Do people find shit like this funny???

I guess they must do but it isn't for me.

He phones up a seventy year old bloke - live on radio - to tell him he fucked his granddaughter - just to get a cheap laugh???

No thanks.

Its an acquired taste, Sluffy, but you need to have a certain mentality to acquire it.

How are you getting on with these FV accounts? Can't blame you if you've given up. You'd need some pretty advanced forensic accounting skills to figure it all out.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Its an acquired taste, Sluffy, but you need to have a certain mentality to acquire it.

How are you getting on with these FV accounts? Can't blame you if you've given up. You'd need some pretty advanced forensic accounting skills to figure it all out.

I've long since realised that some people don't care what the fuck they say or who they upset, just as long as they are having a laugh!

Look at those pissed up idiots that manhandled Chris Whitty the other day just to amuse themselves their have a laugh - and even think it was 'fun' to put it on social media for everyone to see???

There's no sense of any self censorship, or holding back, or better off holding your tongue, or whatever it is you call it when they probably know themselves they've gone too far but just don't care - as it is completely alright and normal in their world.

Anyway, the accounts.

I'm not an accountant by profession, so clearly can't see and get a 'feel' for them as you can, I can only see and point out the things that to my eye doesn't seem to 'fit'.

Even then there might be genuine reasons why such things are reported in that way.

I'm waiting for the accounts to be published from all the various bits that come under FV Whites, to see if looking at them separately gives me a clue behind how things have been put together.

I kindly received a message from one of the posters on here that suggested the £10m for image rights could possibly be for the club and its history?

Maybe there might be something it this but I pointed out that the club FVWL Football Ltd is NOT the same entity as BWFAC which is now firmly on its way to liquidation and oblivion.

I know a little deal was struck for the name (slightly amended) to be transferred from the Administrator to FV (presumably for free or nominal sum - otherwise the money would presumably go towards the settlement to the unsecured creditors?) and that 'may' have a value that the Administrators had missed?

Seems a bit far fetched perhaps but it will be one of the things that I will look out for (although its accounting period is not due until next January)

Who knows what devils we might find in the detail?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12571016

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Audited accounts are supposed to show 'a true and fair' view, Sluffy, so I did a little spreadsheet comparing what was 'true and fair' in 2017 and what was 'true and fair' in 2020. I think the results are interesting. You should try it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Audited accounts are supposed to show 'a true and fair' view, Sluffy, so I did a little spreadsheet comparing what was 'true and fair' in 2017 and what was 'true and fair' in 2020. I think the results are interesting. You should try it.

Thanks Bob but as I've said I'm not an accountant and couldn't be absolutely sure of matching 2017 stuff to the 2020 accounts accurately and thus making possible false and misleading assumptions.

I'd be out of my professional depth and would not wish to make any rash statements (unlike some have on here in the past!) based on my lack of certainty of what I'd found (or thought I'd found).

I can't even square the 2020 accounts, Assets amount (FV paid £17.5m for everything (which includes £6m for goodwill???) yet show an end of year amount of £27.5m and a £10m amount for intellectual property somehow simply appearing???

It doesn't seem somehow right to my mind but I lack the knowledge and experience that you have to delve deeper into what is going on.

My interest exceeds my capabilities this time I'm afraid.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bob, I've continued our discussion on the accounts here -

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t22710-latest-bwfc-accounts-year-ended-30th-june-2020#427984

Sorry to everyone else for talking about the accounts on this thread.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only these 2 boring twats could turn a legitimate thread into the accounts thread, at least Sluffy apologised. fuck off custard you boring twat

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that you have mentioned custard, Natasha will be on the prowl for a spotted dick now.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Now that you have mentioned custard, Natasha will be on the prowl for a spotted dick now.
Well done KP, described bob in one phrase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum