Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reo - Coker joins Ipswich on a 3 months contract

+11
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Reebok_Rebel
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So much for not wanting to play in the Championship!

Nigel Reo-Coker has joined Ipswich Town as a free agent on a three-month contract.

The 28-year-old former West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton midfielder arrived at Portman Road as a free agent until 12 January.

He spent last season at the Reebok and only missed one game in their Premier League campaign but following the club's relegation to the Championship, he parted company with Wanderers and became a free agent in the summer.

"Ipswich is a sleeping giant in the Championship," Nigel told the Club website. "It's a massive club with a great history and tradition. The facilities are first class and there is a terrific fanbase. It's the right club at the right time for me and everything has just fallen into place.

"I had a good conversation with the manager. He's highly respected in the game for what he has achieved and I know what he's trying to do at the club.

"Ipswich may be at the wrong end of the table at the moment but it's still early in the season and I'm sure with the manager and players the Club have, it's only a matter of time before things turn."

From January, Reo-Coker added: "I've no plans after that. I'm here for three months and am looking forward to it.

"I want to do the best I can for Ipswich in that time and we will see where it goes after that."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Oct 14 2012, 12:08; edited 1 time in total

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To be fair to NRC I was sure he'd get another premier club in for him this summer. I thought he was our best player last season by some distance. I was disappointed he left but players are not fans, he owed us nothing. Great signing for Ipswich but they are not a sleeping giant. I wish him well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done Nigel. Ripped up your £40k per week two year contract to sign a 3 month deal on £10k per week.

You sir are a genius!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's easy to laugh at him for screwing up his career but he had obviously seen enough of Coyle to know that Coyle had zero chance of getting us back in the Prem.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How the mighty have fallen!!

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What an arse hole he really is. Can not wait till he turns up at the reebok on 1st december.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll probably bloody score against us!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a shame as a new manager could have contacted him and done a similar deal. I'd have him back whilst Holden remains sidelined.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wish him the very worst of luck and hope his move to Ipswich is a disaster. The guy is a twat in my opinion and I hope his career continues to go down hill. I will abuse the shit out of him if he ever plays against us in the future.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I wish him the very worst of luck and hope his move to Ipswich is a disaster. The guy is a twat in my opinion and I hope his career continues to go down hill. I will abuse the shit out of him if he ever plays against us in the future.

Not a fan then? I thought he did a lot for us on the pitch and don't really care what an egotistical prick he is off it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Not a fan then? I thought he did a lot for us on the pitch and don't really care what an egotistical prick he is off it.

You should care. It's dickheads like NRC that have spoiled football for the average fan, taking it out of their price range. By just accepting it you are as big a part of the problem as the overpaid ponces.

When he comes to the Reebok I'm going to throw my shoe at him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NRC actually did a decent job for us in Holden's absence. Yes NRC is a mercenary with no loyalty or allegiance but we could certainly do with him in midfield at the moment. Now that we have lost Muamba I would rather have NRC than Andrews.

He still has a high opinion of himself despite being unemployed for 5 month.

Nigel Reo-Coker claims he is one of many English footballers who has paid the price for the influx of “average” foreigners.

Midfielder Reo-Coker yesterday signed for Championship side Ipswich until January, after struggling to find a club when he left Bolton in the summer.

Reo-Coker was frustrated by clubs who passed up the chance to sign him on a free transfer and gambled on a ­foreign import instead.

“Look at the percentage of English footballers and how small it is,” said Reo-Coker, 28, who was voted Bolton’s player of the year.

“I’ve got no problem with the top foreign players who improve the League and are here to do well.

“But you get a lot of guys who know nothing about the League or the club they are signing for and just want the money. They want to pick up their wages and send the money back home. That is their only concern.

“Too many of the foreign players are average and do not improve the game.

“I know I am better than a lot of these guys. I played in the Premier League for West Ham, Villa and Bolton long enough to prove that I can perform at that level.

“People might think I’m bitter, but that’s not the case. It’s a problem when you talk about wanting to make English players ­better and improve the England team.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He almost sounds racist there. Too many foreigners over here taking our jobs and then sending their money back home. That doesn't just happen in football you know Nigel? What a twat.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I wish him the very worst of luck and hope his move to Ipswich is a disaster. The guy is a twat in my opinion and I hope his career continues to go down hill. I will abuse the shit out of him if he ever plays against us in the future.

He was perhaps the best of a bad bunch last season. He wasn't great though and only won player of the year because everyone else was so shit. Then after playing his part in us getting relegated he can't get out the door quick enough. Fuck him.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was going to put more or less the same, but BDP did it for me....so...this.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe he will hook up with OC at his next club tongue

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You should care. It's dickheads like NRC that have spoiled football for the average fan, taking it out of their price range. By just accepting it you are as big a part of the problem as the overpaid ponces.

Spurious logic.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame, one of our better players.

took the risk to see if he could get top flight football, it backfired. More fool him.

some of the abuse he's getting on twitter is embarrassing, especially people saying "he was shit," which isn't true.

Kind of like when Sturridge and Wilshere didn't re-join on loan "they weren't that good anyway" Nah course not.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NRC was average at best. If he was as good as some of you think he'd have been snapped up by a PL or top Championship club. He wasn't because he is average. At best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum