Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plan B

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plan B Empty Plan B Tue Oct 19 2021, 13:56

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

We all know the drill now. We have one formation. It's 4231 and that's the end of it.

We need a plan B obviously, anyone can see that. I don't even give a shit what formation it is. 442, 451/433, I honestly don't care but when something isn't working and clearly never will in certain games, why are we persevering with it. Fucking change it and make an effort to try and get back in the game.

I left in the 65th minute against Wigan. I've never done that before. It was embarrassing to watch a team have absolutely no idea how to change the game or even try to break through the lines.

Someone much smarter than me once said that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

Evidence is pointing towards Evatt suffering from insanity.

2Plan B Empty Re: Plan B Tue Oct 19 2021, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't agree more. Evans, sadly, has history of sticking to "Plan A" as long as possible. Our terrible start to our League 2 campaign and the Crellin fiasco spring to mind.

3Plan B Empty Re: Plan B Tue Oct 19 2021, 15:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back again 58!

I agree, when we play well and the goals are going in its great, but when our passing game doesn't work then we need to be able to change tactics. We have Bakayoko now so why not go a bit more direct every now and then?

Evatt has done a great job by and large but it massively backfired on him last week saying we were the best team in the division. He does need to realise that you have to change it up every now and again and not blindly stick to one set way of playing,

4Plan B Empty Re: Plan B Tue Oct 19 2021, 18:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plan A - impersonate Barcelona B - works great when the opposition is poor and the players are at the top of their game as regards passing. Unfortunately neither was the case on Saturday and it will be the same in many other games.
I thought Evatt brought in Baka to provide an alternative approach when needed, but sticking him on the wing is pointless .
IMO he should bite the bullet and go 4132 - the two being Doyler and Baka working as a partnership up front and the one being MJ as a proper holding mid.
That would mean letting them play the occasional long pass and the 3 mids would have to work their butts off from box to box but I like the idea of an old fashioned big man/small man strike partnership.
Tonight's the night to experiment with it and see if the midfield can cope with that kind of pressure and if the strike partnership can produce the goods.

5Plan B Empty Re: Plan B Tue Oct 19 2021, 19:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Plan A - impersonate Barcelona B - works great when the opposition is poor and the players are at the top of their game as regards passing. Unfortunately neither was the case on Saturday and it will be the same in many other games.
I thought Evatt brought in Baka to provide an alternative approach when needed, but sticking him on the wing is pointless .
IMO he should bite the bullet and go 4132 - the two being Doyler and Baka working as a partnership up front and the one being MJ as a proper holding mid.
That would mean letting them play the occasional long pass and the 3 mids would have to work their butts off from box to box but I like the idea of an old fashioned big man/small man strike partnership.
Tonight's the night to experiment with it and see if the midfield can cope with that kind of pressure and if the strike partnership can produce the goods.

I reckon we’ll ship another 4 if he tries this tonight. Playing 2 up top against one of the better teams in the league would be a big mistake IMO.

I really don’t believe that Evatt has enough confidence in the squad to be able to implement a plan B yet. Best team in the league? He doesn’t believe that unless he’s completely delusional.
Apart from 3 or 4 of our first team they’re a limited bunch who we can expect a top 10 finish from at best and unless we spend big in January the playoff conversations should stop. There is no way we’re one of the best 6 teams in the league - the current top 7 are all better than us.

Expectations are unrealistic, especially if Baka is involved. I don’t rate him at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum