Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie has a plan A and a plan B!

+4
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 12:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seems we finally have a manager who has more than one tactical plan.

“Nottingham Forest will represent a difficult test because they’ve got a new manager and when that happens there can sometimes be changes to a team’s line-up. Billy’s been there before so he understands how the crowd works, but I’ve been there as a player, so I know how things work too and I’ve got ideas about how to counteract that.''

“Tactically I will need to be on my toes because I may have to adjust my team, but we’re fully prepared with a ‘plan A’ and a ‘plan B’ depending on what Nottingham Forest put out.”

“To have the likes of Mark Davies, David Wheater and Stuart Holden all back in the squad for Saturday is great. Medo Kamara is probably lacking a bit of match fitness, but needs to be involved in some capacity. It’s now up to me to pick the best team for that particular game.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

“Tactically I will need to be on my toes because I may have to adjust my team, but we’re fully prepared with a ‘plan A’ and a ‘plan B’ depending on what Nottingham Forest put out.”

We shouldn't be worrying about the opposition, Dougie should put out our best team and play them off the park.

Dougie out.

3Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's had 2 plans since he came here...
Plan A: Sit back and absorb the pressure, contain the opposition and try to score on the break
Plan B: Bring on 2 strikers and go all out for a goal (but only late in the second half if Plan A isn't working)
Maybe his new Plan A is to try Plan B first?

4Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 13:03

doffcocker wrote:

Plan B: Don't even think about attacking.

In fairness he put two strikers on and went 442 against Burnley, that's attacking.

5Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

In fairness he put two strikers on and went 442 against Burnley, that's attacking.
So maybe he'll try doing that from the start and switch to Plan A when we're 3 up?

6Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 13:53

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

So maybe he'll try doing that from the start and switch to Plan A when we're 3 up?

:pray: hopefully!

7Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 14:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I thought everyone hated 4-4-2 under Coyle.

8Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 14:30

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Forget a Plan B, we need a Plan C and D at Bolton!

9Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 14:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

442 was hated under coyle as he used this formation in the premiership, away at teams like arsenal and they tore us a new one.

He also refuses to change it which is part of the reason why we are in the championship.

10Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not about 442 particularly. You can play 2 strikers in several systems - it's more to do with how far up the field we commit players and where e.g. 4132, 352 etc.
Committing 2 strikers to stay up front is potentially risky if you're wobbly at the back, but it does discourage other teams from pushing their own players on. A bit like a game of chicken.

11Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Fri Feb 15 2013, 22:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is Dougie ever awake?

12Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Empty Re: Dougie has a plan A and a plan B! Sat Feb 16 2013, 14:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Plan A is play three wingers in midfield, SKD upfront and Boggers in Goal .....then plan B ....see Plan A for details.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum