Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Plan B' will work for us, says Ken Anderson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson believes the ‘Plan B’ submitted by Wanderers’ new ownership to the Football League will stand up to scrutiny.

Though the co-owner admits he was “gutted” by the club’s relegation to League One he insists there are measures in place to deal with a £5million drop in TV and sponsorship revenue which is now inevitable next season.

Anderson and co-owner Dean Holdsworth had to wait for the authorities to give their takeover the green light in February – and the league has confirmed they will keep an especially close eye on the club’s finances for the next couple of years.

Concerns have been voiced by supporters over the level of borrowing and security given against club assets but Anderson claims the proposal put forward to the Football League, which took into consideration both best and worst case scenarios, does not put the club at risk.

“We wouldn't have got through the Football League,” he told The Bolton News. “The Football League asked us if we had enough to get through this season.

“Afterwards, before the approval, they wanted us to show where the funds were and prove those funds were available to get us through to next season.

“That puts us on level par with every other club that you're working one season ahead.”

Anderson got involved with the takeover in January after Dean Holdsworth’s original business partners stepped away from the deal. And the former football agent laid down his view on how the relationship will work for the club.

“It’s very straightforward,” he said. “It’s not a consortium. It’s two people – Dean and myself we are equal shareholders and we will work together.

“I wouldn't rule out more shareholders but we don't need to.

“We have sufficient funding to get us through until next season and beyond.

“The main thing is tightening our belt and making this a commercially-viable proposition here. We have to be prudent, we can't make the same mistakes of the past. All of you know some of the salaries we are paying are above what they should be.”

Anderson confirmed that the club will be looking to retain a core of home-grown players to supplement a squad size he believes can be competitive next season.

“It is likely to be 23-24 players,” he said. “Next year is interesting because there is no longer an emergency loan window.

“We need 23-24 players of our own and I would hope five or six of the younger players are going to come through, stand up and be counted.

“Younger players can’t play 46 games, they are not ready for it. That should have happened with our senior players this year – they should have helped them more.

“I think we have enough younger players to balance the squad, or if we get injuries, or play three games in 10 days.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum