Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Migrant crisis in the Channel

+5
Whitesince63
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Mon Nov 29 2021, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i may start taking bets on when the plug gets pulled again  Very Happy

First chance Mrs Pig gets.

22Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Nov 30 2021, 08:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

First chance Mrs Pig gets.
Harsh but true  Very Happy

23Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Nov 30 2021, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Thanks for unlocking, this is arguably the most important thread open at the moment and certainly the most contentious. For me there are two areas that need resolving. Firstly, I just find it hard to believe that two major world powers like Uk and France, with all their intelligence resources, can’t identify and eliminate, the people smuggling gangs. It’s time we forgot about the PC brigade with scum like like them and took whatever measures were necessary to break them. 

Secondly, it’s time that the French stopped the showboating on this and held serious discussions with the UK on both preventing and agreeing what to do with migrants when they do arrive here. Clearly the French don’t want these individuals any more than we do and are just glad to see the back of them, that’s clear with their police physically turning a blind eye to them just yards away on the beach. We know Macrons in election mode so it’s in his interest to act tough for his home audience but more deaths might just work against him.

Also, it’s clear that many, if not most, of the migrants arriving here currently are in fact Algerian and I’m not aware of any threat to their lives there, so basically they are not refugees but financial migrants and should not be given any refuge here but returned immediately. In fact they don’t have any right to refugee status in the EU either, so why are they allowing them in. At this moment however, with winter coming on, the most important thing is their safety and for France and the EU themselves to even allow these people to risk their lives crossing the channel without doing everything to prevent it is a total disgrace but sadly only normal for these self interested individuals.
Not sure the migrants are Algerian? From what i've seen most are Kurds, Iraqi's or Syrian. France has a large Algerian population already i thought?

It was ridiculous the EU having a meeting to discuss migrants and not inviting the UK when the majority are trying tp get here. The EU do have to taken responsibility for letting massive groups of people travel all across the EU to get to Calais or Dunkirk.

24Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Wed Dec 01 2021, 15:28

If you could see evidence that the majority of these people have legitimate claims would that change your perspective at all White?

25Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Wed Dec 01 2021, 18:33

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:If you could see evidence that the majority of these people have legitimate claims would that change your perspective at all White?

Of course it would Troy but I fail to see how many do have legitimate claims and it depends on what you consider to be legitimate. Even the girl who sadly drowned in the recent crossing accident has been credited with trying to reach her fiancé here, despite the fact that her fiancé himself is actually an illegal migrant. 

It’s too easy for these people to claim that they’re in fear of their lives because in most cases it’s totally untrue and they have actually decided to abandon their families in the hope that they can secure asylum in Europe and later bring their families to them. I have no problem with anyone trying to improve themselves but why don’t they put more effort into improving their own country instead of abandoning it.

The plain fact is that Europe and certainly the UK can not realistically take millions from Africa and the Middle East due to problems in their homelands and nor should they be expected to. This country throughout its history has taken in immigrants and it’s what has made us the country we are but previous immigrants were broadly similar in culture, religion and democracy, unlike the current influx who are basically tribal, from different religions and totally different culturally. Why should we have to accept them in in the numbers speculated just because they’ve decided they want to come here? If the EU want to accept them, fine but if all they’re after is a meal ticket then I personally don’t want them here.

26Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Thu Dec 02 2021, 00:50

Where is it you get your information from whites?

27Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Thu Dec 02 2021, 10:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Where is it you get your information from whites?

Where do you get yours Troy?

I don’t though, just accept the media fed rubbish spouted by the woke and left leaning organisations like BBC, Sky and Chanel 4, who seem economical on facts which don’t meet their own view. 😉

28Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Thu Dec 02 2021, 11:15

Ye I think this is the point, pretty much everything you have said on Brexit and the Migrant Crisis is false. Where’s the information on the migrants being Algerian come from for example? Or that the fiancé was an illegal immigrant?

29Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Thu Dec 02 2021, 22:34

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ye I think this is the point, pretty much everything you have said on Brexit and the Migrant Crisis is false. Where’s the information on the migrants being Algerian come from for example? Or that the fiancé was an illegal immigrant?

Oh dear Troy and here was me thinking you were up with events. Try widening your pool of information rather than just listening to and reading the woke media and you might learn more than they wish to disclose to you?

If you think anything I’ve said is false regarding Brexit and the migrant crisis, then ditto. 😌

30Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 03:24

Okay, let’s test your theory then. Post your sources of Algerian migrants being the majority coming here and the illegal immigrant fiancé.

31Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 08:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:

I don’t though, just accept the media fed rubbish spouted by the woke and left leaning organisations like BBC, Sky and Chanel 4
Being woke is something to be proud of. 

I think it's wonderful that young people, our future, are nowadays so much more aware of, and better informed about, important global, political and cultural issues, especially those involving marginalised communities.

It does no one any credit to denigrate the progress made towards this greater knowledge and involvement in society and the chance to make the world a better, fairer, more civilised one than that which previous generations have led us to.

32Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 09:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Where do you get yours Troy?

I don’t though, just accept the media fed rubbish spouted by the woke and left leaning organisations like BBC, Sky and Chanel 4, who seem economical on facts which don’t meet their own view. 😉
Now i know who the one viewer of GB news is  Very Happy

33Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 10:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If anybody wants to criticise our modern world and its reporting standards, it's our appalling press (eg, Sun, Express, Mail, People and even the D. Telegraph these days) we should concentrate on. It tends to be obsessed with trivia, bias, celebrity, sensationalism, their vested interests, hostility and persecution.

They lead society in a largely warped direction, where honesty, integrity and principles count for little.
Our planet deserves better.

34Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:If anybody wants to criticise our modern world and its reporting standards, it's our appalling press (eg, Sun, Express, Mail, People and even the D. Telegraph these days) we should concentrate on. It tends to be obsessed with trivia, bias, celebrity, sensationalism, their vested interests, hostility and persecution.

They lead society in a largely warped direction, where honesty, integrity and principles count for little.
Our planet deserves better.
I think the sea change in reporting standards happened when the media stopped calling out the lies that politicians tell and it's now become almost acceptable in some quarters to tell a barefaced lie without media - and thereby public - sanctions.

There was a time when the likes of Hancock, Johnson, Patel etc would have faced a media-led public outcry which would have inevitably led to their resignations and indeed sanctions from their own party e.g. removal of the whip.

Now it seems that the Government is prepared to sanction the media for not letting them control the narrative - a tactic taken to a new level by Trump and adopted here.

As a result there is a fair chunk of the public who totally accept that they are being lied to as long as they hear what they want to hear.

35Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 11:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote: I think the sea change in reporting standards happened when the media stopped calling out the lies that politicians tell and it's now become almost acceptable in some quarters to tell a barefaced lie without media - and thereby public - sanctions.

There was a time when the likes of Hancock, Johnson, Patel etc would have faced a media-led public outcry which would have inevitably led to their resignations and indeed sanctions from their own party e.g. removal of the whip.

Now it seems that the Government is prepared to sanction the media for not letting them control the narrative - a tactic taken to a new level by Trump and adopted here.

As a result there is a fair chunk of the public who totally accept that they are being lied to as long as they hear what they want to hear.

What!!!!

Hahaha.

You are so anti-Tory its warped tour mind!

Have you forgotten the press furore over Cummings trip to Barnard Castle - that last nearly a week and forced the infamous interview in the back garden, or the coverage over Hancock's snog that forced Johnson to sack him when he clearly didn't want to!!!

Did the government sanction the press then - of course they didn't!!!

Just because the press aren't reporting stuff you presumably believe is true doesn't mean that firstly they are being sanctioned and secondly that it is true at all!!!

Do you think the press wouldn't have been all over Hancock for 'telling a lie' to Parliament the other day - if it indeed was a lie?

Of course they would.

The reason why they didn't - and which I repeatedly keep telling this forum - is that because it wasn't a lie - MP's don't have any involvement in evaluating and awarding contracts!

The press are currently all over last years Xmas party at number 10 - do you think that would be happening if the press were being sanction by the government - of course it wouldn't - so why are the press doing stuff like this...?

Ros Atkins on... The No 10 Christmas party

36Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 16:24

So the press would have to ignore all stories that negatively impact the government for you to accept Lusts point? Why do you try and oversimplify everything in to extremities?

Look up Nadine Dorries tweets to Laura K of the BBC for evidence of the pressure this government are putting out there. And before you blab on with ‘every government do this’ - they don’t in this country.

37Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 16:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:So the press would have to ignore all stories that negatively impact the government for you to accept Lusts point? Why do you try and oversimplify everything in to extremities?

Look up Nadine Dorries tweets to Laura K of the BBC for evidence of the pressure this government are putting out there. And before you blab on with ‘every government do this’ - they don’t in this country.

Hahaha!

You're getting as laughable as Wanderlust is!

My point is abundantly clear and obvious to all, namely the press in this country ARE NOT muzzled.

I've quoted three obvious and recent examples above and there's an abundance of others every day such as the all the failings and u-turns the government have made in respect of Covid, the car crash of trying to defend the indefensible in regards to Owen Paterson, the apparent attempted scam of the levelling up fiasco where the majority of the money was allocated to Tory seats (and not the genuine deprived areas mostly held by Labour), the scandal over Jenerick's highly dodgy planning consent (which was forced to be reversed), the ongoing claims of cash for peerages to Conservative donors, etc, etc, etc...

The list is endless and all are within the last twelve months or so!

The inference that the media is somehow sanctioned/muzzled to stop them reporting bad things about the government is frankly blatantly untrue and laughable.

And so are you and Wanderlust who obviously believe such tripe!!!

38Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 17:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:
Being woke is something to be proud of. 

I think it's wonderful that young people, our future, are nowadays so much more aware of, and better informed about, important global, political and cultural issues, especially those involving marginalised communities.

It does no one any credit to denigrate the progress made towards this greater knowledge and involvement in society and the chance to make the world a better, fairer, more civilised one than that which previous generations have led us to.

So you really believe that the world is a better, fairer and more civilised place than it used to be Oko? And you really believe that’s because we allow young people to be more engaged? Just how naive and wrong can you be? Can you remember when you were young (under 18) and you thought you knew everything about everything but it was only when you were exposed to the real world, had to pay your own bills, care for your own family that you realised how totally wrong you were? It’s called growing up and it’s a long process.

Look at the state of our universities and their complete refusal through cancel culture to engage or discuss any view other than their own. Fodder to the activists they’re used as pawns in the front line of every demonstration you see and then myopics, sadly like you I’m afraid to say, who can’t see the damage being done to society actually encourage it. The old saying children should be seen and not heard has never been truer and it’s older, more experienced and worldly wise people like you and I who should be restraining their urges not encouraging them.

39Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 17:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Now i know who the one viewer of GB news is  Very Happy

We’ll if I’m the “one” viewer Norpig, how do you know what I’m watching? Assuming I am of course. 😉

40Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Fri Dec 03 2021, 17:55

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Okay, let’s test your theory then. Post your sources of Algerian migrants being the majority coming here and the illegal immigrant fiancé.

Can you address this please Wise Whitesince63?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum