Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supercomputer predicts where Bolton will finish in League One

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers will achieve a mid-table in League One this season, according to a supercomputer.

The Whites made a positive start to life back in the third tier, picking up 18 points from their opening 11 matches.

However, Ian Evatt’s men have slipped down the table in recent months while battling an injury crisis and more recently a Covid outbreak.

Wanderers are predicted to finish 14th come May – three places higher than their current league position – according to football statistics website FiveThirtyEight.

The table - which is based on a wide range of data from the current campaign - predicts that the Whites have just a one per cent chance of making the play-offs.

However, Evatt’s men will be hoping for a repeat of last season when they went on a remarkable run in the New Year to defy the odds and win promotion from League Two.

On a more positive note, the table also predicts that Wanderers only have a six per cent chance of suffering relegation back to the fourth tier.

It also predicts that fourth-placed Wigan – who have several games in hand on the teams around them - are the most likely team to win promotion to the Championship, while Doncaster are the current favourites for relegation.

Here is the predicted League One table in full

1. Wigan

2. Rotherham

3. Sunderland

4. Wycombe

5. MK Dons

6. Sheffield Wednesday

7. Oxford

8. Plymouth

9. Portsmouth

10. Ipswich

11. Burton

12. Accrington

13. Charlton

14. Bolton

15. Lincoln

16. Shrewsbury

17. Cambridge

18. Fleetwood

19. Wimbledon

20. Cheltenham

21. Morecambe

22. Crewe

23. Gillingham

24. Doncaster

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll take that now, end the season immediately!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I'll take that now, end the season immediately!

I'm much more confident, I reckon if we do get a few more players in that we will finish at least in the top half, and who knows might even make a run to the play-offs.

I certainly think getting inside the top 10 in the table is do able.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Our hearts want a run to the play-off positions but the mind agrees with the above. From where we came from last season 14th would be acceptable - then add more strength during the summer and run at it next season.  In the meantime I hope we sweep the table and prove all wrong but can't see it personally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum