Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt confirms Bolton chase TWO more signings in the January window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt confirms Bolton chase TWO more signings in the January window 13226165

Ian Evatt says Wanderers are closing in on not one, but TWO signings before the close of the January window.

Kyle Dempsey is still a live target and The Bolton News understands that there has been further negotiation with Gillingham about the structure of the deal, which is worth around £150,000 up front.

But Evatt has confirmed that that another player – believed to be on loan – could also be heading to the UniBol to add further depth to the squad.

Speaking at his press conference for the Sunderland game, Evatt said: “There is progress on deals but it is slow. We are working really hard, potentially on two more.

“It is progressing slowly, but definitely progressing, and I would hope there will be a couple more in the building by the end of the deadline.”

Dempsey played for and captained Gillingham on Tuesday night against Shrewsbury but the Kent club is currently searching for a new manager, which has slowed talks to a crawl.

Evatt says he can move quickly on a back-up option on loan, and then potentially look at Dempsey again in the summer if and when he becomes a free agent.

“Of course, there’s a timescale, there’s the end of the window,” he said.

“But there will come a stage where we say enough is enough and that we will leave it, potentially take a loan and then revisit in the summer, which might save us a lot of money.

“But we think we have been more than reasonable and we will see how it progresses.”

Evatt is also hoping that incoming transfers will not be waiting for the very last day of the window.

“I don’t think they will be late ones,” he said. “I’d hope they get done prior to deadline day. I certainly hope so. But we will see.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum