Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wimbledon boss Mark Robinson's bold claim following Wanderers defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wimbledon boss Mark Robinson's bold claim following Wanderers defeat  13493949

Wimbledon boss Mark Robinson called his side’s 4-0 defeat against Wanderers “men against boys”.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson opened the scoring - his first goal since joining Whites in the January transfer window.

Dapo Afolayan, Dion Charles and Amadou Bakayoko were also on target as Ian Evatt's men moved within seven points of the top six.

The Dons were without several key players but Robinson refused to make excuses and insists their display was “nowhere near good enough”.

“It was an opportunity for other players and they obviously haven’t taken it,” said the Wimbledon chief.

“It was just men against boys. They were first to everything, physically better than us, and the manner of the goals were just so soft. There’s not a lot to be positive about.”

“We’ve always been fiercely competitive bar two games this season, but today we weren’t. Whether we’ve drawn, lost or won, we’re always a competitive side and today that just wasn’t the case.

“That’s worrying because I haven’t really seen us put in a performance like that. We need to regroup quickly because that was nowhere near good enough.”

The result leaves Robinson’s men 20th in the League One table - just one point above the drop zone - while Wanderers remain 10th.

“They started well but when their goal came, I felt like we’d weathered that a little bit and the game was starting to even out,” added Robinson.

“The crowd were very quiet and we started to get a few more regains, although our quality wasn’t good enough on the ball.

“I thought we finished the first half alright but the goals were so poor and in the end we were lucky to get away with four.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum