Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore's bold claim after Wanderers draw

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore's bold claim after Wanderers draw 13663398

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore reckons his side created enough chances to win “two matches” during their 1-1 draw with Wanderers.

The Yorkshire club took the lead through Jordan Storey’s close-range effort but the Whites hit back through MJ Williams in the final stages.

Moore felt his side were dominant throughout and insists they should have “put the game to bed”.

“We created enough chances to win two football matches but we didn’t take them an that has cost us,” said the Owls chief.

“We should not have allowed that to happen, we should have put the game to bed. If we keep creating chances like that, I believe we have got players in the team that can score goals.

“Today I am a little bit perplexed how we didn't finish off those chances as they were good chances. Credit to Bolton. They stayed in the game. It only takes a second to score as you saw right at the end.

“I thought it was a dominant display from start to finish. This is a tough place to come. They dominate the ball but we took the game to them.

“We could have used the ball better at times but we did enough to win and that is the disappointing thing.”

Moore’s men were unbeaten in their last five matches prior to their trip to the UniBol.

The Yorkshire outfit remain fifth in the League One table but missed a chance to close the gap on the top four.

“It is two points dropped. You cannot come here and have those level of chances and not walk away with three points,” Moore added.

“If you said to me today that we would have had those chances, I would have said it meant one thing and that is that we are coming away with three points.

“It is disappointing but credit Bolton for staying in the game. I would like to think they weren't at their level best and that was down to us. They stayed in the game and got the equaliser at the end.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum