Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team News: Evatt gives updates on Santon & John

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team News: Evatt gives updates on Santon & John 13510327

Ian Evatt has confirmed that Wanderers captain Ricardo Santos will be available for Saturday’s trip to MK Dons.

The defender was given the club’s blessing to miss Tuesday night’s win against Lincoln to be present at the birth of his second son.

Will Aimson slotted into the centre of defence against the Imps as the Whites recorded a 3-1 victory at the UniBol.

“Rico is back in today, which is positive. He’s had a couple of sleepless night but other than that, he’s back in with a big smile on his face,” said the Bolton boss.

“It’s great to have him back and fully ready for Saturday. I think the world of Rico.

“I think he’s a huge, huge part of what we’re doing here, not just for the here and now but for the future as well.”

Evatt also revealed that Declan John will be available for Saturday’s game despite being forced off against Lincoln due to a back spasm.

Kieran Sadlier played at wing-back in the second half and went on to score his first goal for the club since joining from Rotherham in the January transfer window.

Evatt is expecting a tough test against the Dons at the weekend but is optimistic his team will create chances.

He added: “I don’t think they are as extreme football-wise as they were last season. I think last season there was a lot of possession but without a purpose.

“This season they seem to have more of an attacking threat. They’ve got some very good players at the top end of the pitch, some good options.

“Obviously, Connor Wickham has played at the highest level. You’ve got Scott Twine, whose figures and stats stack up against anybody and is a very talented young man. They’ve got some good players.

“We have to make sure that defensively we’re sound but I think we’ll get some opportunities on the transition. When we get those opportunities, we have to take them.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum