Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt issues updates on Dempsey and Forrester

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt issues updates on Dempsey and Forrester 17319864

Ian Evatt reckons the international break has been good for the Wanderers squad and hopes they can pick up where they left off.

The Whites were building real momentum prior to the break, but Evatt didn’t mind having a weekend off after a demanding period, both physically and mentally.

The Bolton boss has been pleased with what he has seen on the training pitch over the past few days ahead of Saturday’s visit of Exeter.

“Obviously, people will probably say it was a bad time because we were on such good form prior to the break,” he said.

“I actually see it the opposite way, I think it is great to reset and have the opportunity to rest and recover.

“When you are asking the players to play with the pressure they are - and the focus and intensity that requires, especially with the away trips we’ve had - it is important we had that reset.

“This week, they have been bouncing again and ready for the game on Saturday.”

Kyle Dempsey has been back in training following a spell on the sidelines due to a back problem.

Will Forrester has also trained with the squad after missing the last couple of games, having tweaked his knee.

Evatt says the pair have shown encouraging signs ahead of Saturday’s game but plans to be cautious with Dempsey, in particular.

“Kyle has obviously had quite a period out so whether he is ready to start games right now, I don’t know,” the manager explained.

“He’ll tell you that he is, and he is showing that he is in training. But physically, we have to be careful.

“Will has only missed a week or two so should be fine. They are both very good players and both have come back to training and been a breath of fresh air.”

Several players made the most of their opportunities against Stockport last week while others were away on international duty.

“It is great to have the options we have got,” said Evatt. “But when they are all healthy, it is challenging to pick 11 and even more difficult to pick 18.

“Those are the questions we want. I expect players to want to play and I expect them to show that they are ready to play.

“That is the nature of football and we will try to pick the right team for the right opponent. We have a busy period coming up and they will all be needed.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum