Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Highlights from Ian Evatt's press conference ahead of Crewe clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Highlights from Ian Evatt's press conference ahead of Crewe clash 13424618

Ahead of this afternoon’s clash with Crewe at the Mornflake Stadium, here are the best bits from Ian Evatt’s press conference.

What’s the latest with injuries?

“It’s not great news. (Marlon) Fossey has got a torn meniscus so he’ll be having surgery tomorrow and that will be him for the rest of the season.

“It is disappointing from both sides, I think. He’s done exceptionally well since he’s been here. The crowd have really bought into him and vice-versa.

“He loves it here, but these things happen. There’s nothing we can do about it. It could have been a lot worse than just his meniscus, so it’s a pretty straightforward injury and operation but long enough to keep him out as there’s only six weeks left now so long enough to keep him out for the remainder of the season.

“Obviously then we have a two-week break to get everyone back available. Lloyd Isgrove is back available, Kacha is back available, so for the one that is missing we have got a few returning as well which is good.”

And how is Gethin Jones following his mother’s funeral?

“It has been a very challenging time for him and his family and there has been no pressure put on him whatsoever. I have been in constant dialogue with him and he feels right and ready to come back on Monday.

“I think this week I’ve seen what I wanted to see from the players on a non-football setting. What I’ve seen is a huge amount of togetherness, a huge amount of team spirit and that’s what makes me extremely proud.

“We can talk about football and details and training grounds as much as we want. But fundamentally we’re a team, we’re a club and what’s made me most proud this week in particular is the support we’ve given to one of our own and the togetherness we’ve all shown.

“Some things are bigger than football and this week it kind of feels like one of those weeks.”

What are you aiming for ahead of the final eight games of the season?

“Well we’re certainly not going to put our flip flops on and go on holiday. We’ve still got things to play for.

“We look like we’re out of it at the moment but this team is capable of winning eight straight games, there is no doubt about that and that has to be our target.

“Now whether that’s achievable or not I don’t know, but we’re going to be doing our best to try and do that.

“If we can, it gives us maybe an opportunity but it’s going to take a monumental effort, there’s no doubt about that.”

And what are you expecting from Crewe this weekend?

“I think we’re going to see a team that are fighting for their lives. It’s got ever so tight at the bottom of this division.

“Thankfully we’re not involved in that fight because at one stage it could have gone that way.

“But I expect to see a team that are going to give it absolutely everything to try and stay in this division, so we have to match that effort and desire and then hopefully our quality will take over.”

What are your thoughts on the current situation in League One in terms of international football?

“What I’d like to see because it can hinder or help really is just a level playing field, so a bit like the Premier League and Championship - whether you’ve got internationals or not - the whole division is cancelled.

“You can’t have five, six or seven games called off for internationals and the rest going ahead because people are either falling behind or it suits people who have got injuries.

“I just think some consistency and a level playing field will help everybody. This is nice for us to have internationals again, I’ve got to say.

“It’s nice that we’ve got players being selected for national duty and we wish them well and hope they can return in one piece.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum