Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Macron in trouble

+5
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
wanderlust
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 20:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ladies I know are all Team Macron. Very Happy

22Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 20:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:So the exit poles have Macron with 58% of the vote, pretty decisive in the end, so another term for the mini Napoleon. Sadly the Frogs French have as little choice in quality as we have in their leading politicians so reappointing this jumped up little numpty is all they deserve.
If only the French had an intellectual giant, like our Boris. A man who'd piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.

The choice was Boris or Corbyn...

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has said it is "very difficult to see" how his predecessor, Jeremy Corbyn, could re-join the party in the Commons after his comments about Nato.

Last week, the former leader suggested Nato be disbanded to "bring peace".

Mr Corbyn also described the choice to remove the Labour whip from him as a "totally unjustified decision".

Asked whether his predecessor could be readmitted to the parliamentary party after his comments, Sir Keir told the BBC's Sunday Morning programme: "It is very difficult to see how that situation can now be resolved."

He added: "[Mr Corbyn] lost the whip because of his response to the Equalities and Human Rights Commission in relation to anti-Semitism, but I made it very clear, the first thing I said as party leader was that I was going to tear out anti-Semitism by its roots in our party.

"I've also made it clear that our position in the Labour Party is not to accept the false equivalence between Russian aggression and the acts of Nato."

The current Labour leader insisted the party's stance under both his leadership and Mr Corbyn's was pro-Nato and that was not going to change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61210585

...Boris was actually least worse at the time and probably still is compared to Corbyn even now.

As they say - we get what we deserve - if politics were really about morals and principles we would not end up with the likes of Johnson, Corbyn, Trump, Putin. Le Pen, etc, etc, etc....

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Apr 24 2022, 21:45; edited 1 time in total

23Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 20:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least you knew what you were getting with Corbyn. He actually believes some of the nonsense he spouts.
As for Boris, a lie has never passed his lips. Mainly because he talks out of his arse.
I'm afraid the quality of our political classes is at an all time low, and doesn't bode well for our future.

24Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 20:51

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:At least you knew what you were getting with Corbyn. He actually believes some of the nonsense he spouts.
As for Boris, a lie has never passed his lips. Mainly because he talks out of his arse.
I'm afraid the quality of our political classes is at an all time low, and doesn't bode well for our future.
Very true.

25Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Sadly the Frogs French have as little choice in quality as we have in their leading politicians

:facepalm:

I'm sure it's just an oversight that the mods haven't removed this racist comment.

26Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 21:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

:facepalm:

I'm sure it's just an oversight that the mods haven't removed this racist comment.
.....as well as the borderline misogynistic ones!

The Tories are, or have been, attacking:- the BBC, Channel 4, the church, the judiciary, the police, refugees, teachers, righteous demonstrators or indeed any body that even vaguely criticises the government.....but keep quiet about the disgraceful slurs of the Mail and Express. Getting closer and closer to authoritarianism, copying Trump's hateful example.

27Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 22:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:At least you knew what you were getting with Corbyn. He actually believes some of the nonsense he spouts.

We had a choice between a liar and a nutjob.

The people chose the liar as the lesser of two evils.

I know Corbyn is your pin up and no doubt extols many of the polices you believe in but they simply aren't workable in todays world.

Yes wonderful things happened after WWII under Clem Atlee's administration and the world was right for them then but the time as long passed.

We've got three superpowers in this world America as given us Trump - and all the mentalist shit that still swirls from him, Russia has given us Putin and possibly WWIII and China, Xi and the Uighur's, Hong Kong and the end of civil liberties and also threw in Covid for good luck.

That's the world we live in now.

Johnson is a liar, out for himself and will throw anyone under the bus to save himself - but he's more in touch with the real world than idealists and dreamers such as Jeremy.

It's a shit world right now and Corbyn doesn't fit it well - I'm not sure Starmer does either but he's probably the most honest and honourable we've got right now.

The thing is though you fight fire with fire.

When Saddam and Gadhafi were removed, those they kept under burst out instead - the birth of IS and the lawlessness now of Libya.

The US retreated from Syria and Afghanistan and Russia and the Taliban took there place and Putin believed now was his moment.

Does anyone real think other than Gem that if we'd packed up NATO a few years back Russia wouldn't want to squash Ukrainian and take it for themselves?

Even if he believed that, now is not the time to be saying it.

He's the wrong man at the wrong time and it speaks volumes that the country certainly didn't want him and rather have the liar and Labour turfed him out and his looney mates the very first opportunity they got.

We should even be in such a position if politics was about doing the 'right things' but politics isn't - it is all about POWER and that's why we have Trump who still is a king maker, Putin who half the world is scared of because he CAN start off WWIII and Xi who we play lip service to but are scared of because he can go all in with Putin and God knows where that will end.

And little old Gem is talking about scraping NATO, free wifi for all and bring back nationalisation.

What planet is he even on?

I hate politics - people are played and used like sheep and most of the time they don't even know it.

We get what we deserve as they say.

28Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Sun Apr 24 2022, 23:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I long for the days when our leaders had wit.
Winston Churchill was well known for not washing his hands after using the toilet, and was taken to task by another chap.
"At Eton, said the man, "we were taught to wash our hands after using the lavatory".
Churchill replied, "At Harrow we were taught not to piss on our hands".
When Bessie Braddock told him, "If I were your wife, I'd poison your tea", he replied "If you were my wife, I'd drink it".
I could vote for a man like that.

29Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 00:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I long for the days when our leaders had wit.
Winston Churchill was well known for not washing his hands after using the toilet, and was taken to task by another chap.
"At Eton, said the man, "we were taught to wash our hands after using the lavatory".
Churchill replied, "At Harrow we were taught not to piss on our hands".
When Bessie Braddock told him, "If I were your wife, I'd poison your tea", he replied "If you were my wife, I'd drink it".
I could vote for a man like that.

I like stuff like this!

A few more from Winston...

Winston Churchill (when berated for being drunk by MP Bessie Braddock): 'My dear, you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill (After being disturbed while at the toilet by the Lord Privy Seal): 'Tell him I can only deal with one shit at a time.'

Margot Asquith (wife of Herbert, British PM) to Jean Harlow (famous actress)...

One of the most famous witty putdowns attributed to her was to Hollywood actress Jean Harlow after Lady Asquith became tired of the actress mispronouncing her first name.

"The t is silent, as in Harlow," she said witheringly.

Of Liberal PM Lloyd George, whose resignation as minister for war in the middle of World War I forced her husband to quit Downing Street, she is quoted as saying: "He couldn't see a belt without hitting below it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21772657?ocid=socialflow_twitter_bbcnews

A couple of quotes from LBJ (POTUS) about Gerald Ford (POTUS)...

Lyndon B Johnson is often reported to have said of Ford that “He can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.” What he did say was “He can’t fart and chew gum at the same time.” The US media deliberately misrepresented the remark in the interests of decency.

"He's a nice fellow but he spent too much time playing football without a helmet." Lyndon B Johnson

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/presidents/gerald-r-ford-1451818.html

And from dear old Denis Healey...

Healey’s first law of politics: when you’re in a hole, stop digging.”

On debating with Geoffrey Howe:

Like being savaged by a dead sheep.”

On John Prescott:

He has the face of a man who clubs baby seals.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/03/denis-healeys-10-most-celebrated-quotes-former-labour-chancellor

Very Happy

30Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 00:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember someone saying that John Prescott uses the English language like a Rubik Cube.

Politics can be fun if we try hard enough. Very Happy

31Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 00:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Skinner and Thatcher having fun.

32Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 00:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This CNN article summarises the widely held view that Macron's victory will be a blow to Putin who - it is widely believed - has tried for many years to destabilise the West and it's prominent position in the world economy using Russian state resources and assets for political donations and cyber warfare including spreading online disinformation to swing public opinion.
It sits perfectly with his recent comments regarding Russia's relationship with China and seeking a "new world order" and he's had some successes here, in America and elsewhere, but maybe the tide has turned against him?
If so, Ukraine has been his downfall as Russia, Putin and his motives are now widely distrusted - and I suspect that is the case even amongst his allies.
Only a few years ago Putin was making broadcast after broadcast showering praise on the brexiteers and Boris in particular - now Boris is banned from entering Russia. Trump has gone quiet about "what a great guy" Putin is and Le Pen - who sought closer ties with Russia and "Frexit" has been defeated. Most importantly, the free world seems finally be taking Putin's meddling in the West's politics seriously.

33Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Note to self when on Nuts:

Post racist remark: absolutely fine.
Post that you played 5-a-side football on Friday night: Mods are all over it.

34Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 11:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Note to self when on Nuts:

Post racist remark: absolutely fine.
Post that you played 5-a-side football on Friday night: Mods are all over it.

Eh???

I crossed through the remark immediately I saw your post!!!

I even did so on all the copy and pastes of that post that subsequently followed it!

And taking the piss out of someone telling an utterly pointless lie isn't such a big a deal as you are trying to make out.

Note to self on Nuts:

Remember that this place isn't the fun it once was unfortunately...

Rolling Eyes

35Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Eh???

I crossed through the remark immediately I saw your post!!!

Translation A: Although it looks very much like White crossed through the F word and then added "French" himself in the original post, I'd like to imply that I am the PC moral guardian of Nuts by claiming I edited it later - even if I left the scored through F word there for all to see thereby defeating the point of editing it in the first place.

Translation B: Nat is actually White and I'm just an incompetent editor

I even did so on all the copy and pastes of that post that subsequently followed it!

Translation: That's how committed I am to being perceived as  PC!

And taking the piss out of someone telling an utterly pointless lie isn't such a big a deal as you are trying to make out.

Translation: I know everyone thinks I'm obsessed with trying to undermine certain opinions by claiming the author is a liar at every opportunity, but it's not the case despite admitting that the alleged lie is "utterly pointless" which means no motive which means I can't prove anything - but I'm going to do it anyway.

Note to self on Nuts:

Remember that this place isn't the fun it once was unfortunately...

Translation: Shit! I'm fast running out of people to piss off!

Rolling Eyes Very Happy

36Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 14:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're an absolute loon mate.

If 63 had gone back and self edited then there would be an time stamped edit shown - not even Admin can edit their own posts once someone else has posted in the thread without a timestamp being shown.

No idea what you are even trying to say on your 'Translation B' comment ???

There's not much point bothering modding just the original post if several copies of it have also been copied subsequently on the thread for all others to see is there?  You have to mod them all or not bother modding in the first place.

Your next point is so rambling and contrived as to have lost all meaning.

Finally maybe I do piss people off but I think most accept that I'm honest.  You on the other hand have lost all credibility.

Nobody believes you anymore, you've lied once to often.

The thing that gets me about you is that you clearly despise and detest that politicians which have lied and acted deceitfully to cover up their lies - yet you think nothing about doing the exact same things yourself on here!!!

You even do it in your real life - least that's what you claimed about it being 'windy' when you said you actually shanked the ball (or more likely all of that was a lie too!).

You're just a self-obsessed mentalist mate.

God help those who have to deal with you in real life.

37Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 22:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well if we’ve come to the point where calling the French (who I worked for for 40 years) “Grenouilles” is considered a racist comment, then this isn’t the place for someone like me, so no need to amend any further posts because there won’t be any. Enjoy your lost humour chaps and chapesses, I’m done with you.

38Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 22:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Well if we’ve come to the point where calling the French (who I worked for for 40 years) “Grenouilles” is considered a racist comment, then this isn’t the place for someone like me, so no need to amend any further posts because there won’t be any. Enjoy your lost humour chaps and chapesses, I’m done with you.
I don't consider the term 'Frogs' racist. Neither does the Paki at our local shop. The Jock up the road refused to comment, as did Mick the Paddy.
The two sheep shaggers who fitted our carpet agreed with me, but they might have been looking for a bigger tip.
I'll report on the Chink at the local chippy when I go in tomorrow.

39Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Well if we’ve come to the point where calling the French (who I worked for for 40 years) “Grenouilles” is considered a racist comment, then this isn’t the place for someone like me, so no need to amend any further posts because there won’t be any. Enjoy your lost humour chaps and chapesses, I’m done with you.

Don't be so soft!

We've had a complaint, I handled it as gently as I could to try and keep everybody happy as I can and that nutjob Wanderlust then tried to make it an issue with me - which of course it wasn't.

Bonce is taking the piss to demonstrate how pathetic all this really is.

The world has moved on and some of the words and phrases we've used in the past now offends people.

All I ask is for people to be mindful of that and be respectful to others.

Wanderlust did something similar about a year ago, but he refused to accept that the world changes and he decided to turn it in to a personal issue with me and after my sixth time of asking him to please respect that it is no longer generally acceptable in the wider society in which we live in, I finally banned him for it.

Clearly one person has taken offence (or has pretended to take offence?) and the other has taken the opportunity to have a pop at me because of past history.

This is the sort of shit that goes on. on here, and you've just innocently got caught up in the crossfire.

I hope you don't go but that's up to you.

Wanderlust thinks you are stupid so he won't miss you but most if not all the rest of us will.

If you do decide to go I'd like to thank you for your views, opinions and overall contributions you'me made on here and the place will definitely be worse off without you.

40Macron in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Macron in trouble Mon Apr 25 2022, 23:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It really is getting ridiculous now. I've worked with many nationalities, French, German, Polish, Rumanian, Irish, and part of the joy of such combinations is the near the knuckle, knockabout humour.
The two German lads had to put up with constant comments about the war, but gave as good as they got.
We all gave it. We all took it. And every Friday night we went for a pint, and continued the banter.
I would never use the terms Paki or Chink, because of their offensive connotations, but has it really come to the point where people are cancelled for this sort of thing. I'll leave the final word to Bill Maher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum