Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Ian Evatt reckons something 'extra special' is happening off the pitch

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why Ian Evatt reckons something 'extra special' is happening off the pitch 13690803

Ian Evatt believes something “extra special” is happening off the pitch at Wanderers.

More than 19,000 supporters were in attendance at the UniBol as the Whites overcame Accrington Stanley earlier this week, and Evatt is delighted with the turnout.

The Bolton boss says the support “means the world” and is determined to keep the Whites moving in the right direction.

“I think they are enjoying the way we are playing,” he told the Bolton News.

“What I must say is off the football pitch, what we have done as a football club in terms of the culture and environment is extra special.

“I think that the videos and clips of Jon (Dadi Bodvarsson) taking penalties against kids on the side of the stand and people giving their shirts away, people stopping in shops to speak to children, I think that shows what we are about as a group.

“We are very humble, we work tirelessly hard and we really appreciate all of our fans and all of our support.

“We know what it takes to pay for tickets, to come and watch us play and that means the world to us, their support, so we are humbled by the connection that we have got with our fans.

“19,000 on a game where there isn’t much to play for is exceptional and thankfully for us, we got the three points for them. Hopefully those crowds can continue into next season.”

Meanwhile, former Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand has named Kevin Davies as one of his toughest opponents.

Ferdinand named the ex-Wanderers fan favourite alongside the likes of Real Madrid legend Raul and Arsenal star Dennis Bergkamp.

Davies made over 400 appearances during a memorable 12-year spell with the Whites, scoring 85 goals in total.

After leaving the UniBol, he went on to have a spell at Preston and helped the Lilywhites win promotion to the Championship.

Ferdinand is widely recognised as one of the best defenders in Premier League history, having won six league titles and also enjoying success in Europe.

But he admits Davies would always give defenders “a difficult afternoon” due to his physicality and hold-up play.

“He was hard to play against. Before the ball was even coming, he is grabbing and scratching,” he said.

“Horrible to play against, nasty. He would give you a difficult afternoon.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum