Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt reckons 4-0 win against Wimbledon 'should have been more'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt reckons 4-0 win against Wimbledon 'should have been more' 13494035

Ian Evatt says he was ‘underwhelmed’ by Wanderers’ four-star performance against Wimbledon.

Despite watching his side dominate 90 minutes, the Bolton boss felt the margin of victory could have been even more emphatic.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Dapo Afolayan, Dion Charles and Amadou Bakayoko all got on the scoresheet but Evatt felt his side lacked attacking composure during the second half when they were in full control of the game.

“Yeah, I am miserable and I don’t really smile and I always want more, of course,” Evatt maintained. “There is more to come, and I am frustrated a bit today in the second half.

“I am a bit underwhelmed and it shows you where we are at when we have won 4-0 at home and I feel like we could have been better there, we could have done better and we could have scored more.

“But I have high expectations, high standards and the players will live up to that. There is a lot of work to be done and it is still a very new team.”

Evatt was pleased, however, to see some of the partnerships in his new-look side start to flourish again, after making four changes to the side that had lost at Burton.

“It is really pleasing,” he said. “I thought there were some really good performances out there today.

“I thought Jon (Dadi Bodvarsson) is getting fitter and sharper all the time. Dion’s just Dion, he’s brilliant for us and Demps, it’s great to have him showing everybody what he can do. Aaron Morley came back, we could go on and on. I also thought Kieran Sadlier when he came on really made us tick and play, and young George to be patient enough and then come on the pitch and show everyone else what he can do.

“We have got a really good squad. It is tough to keep everybody involved but they have to keep buying into it. Their frustrations, they have to aim towards me, as long as they stick together and keep supporting each other, it will only bode well for us for the rest of the season.”

Evatt is especially pleased with the link-up between one of his most established players, Gethin Jones, and one of his new January signings, Marlon Fossey.

“I think it’s something in this system that we can keep improving on,” he added. “We have highlighted that overload and that combination can really work well and I think it does the other way too.

“I think George Johnston is getting it and getting to grips with it really well. Time on the training pitch is hard at the moment because of the nature of the fixtures but lots of video analysis, lots of visual learning and they’re really grasping what we’re wanting them to do.

“The exciting thing for me is when we do get them on the grass and we starting adding and layering in more detail, we’re only going to get better which is great for everybody really.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum