Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JP's Thoughts on Boro mauling.

+4
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I think life is much more likely to have come from panspermia, it would certainly explain the cambrian explosion, without any need for supernatural explanations.

Is Largehat back?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think life is much more likely to have come from panspermia, it would certainly explain the cambrian explosion, without any need for supernatural explanations.

I believe that the ingredients for life came to Earth from Asteroids etc.. But that Earth life is just that, and started here on Earth. Evolution does the rest...

Now if only Knight, Ream & co could evolve some defensive skills!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I think life is much more likely to have come from panspermia, it would certainly explain the cambrian explosion, without any need for supernatural explanations.

Is Largehat back?

He posts on BA Nat, he's also a mod.

You post on there so I'm surprised you haven't noticed.

clown

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
chipbutty wrote:

Rubbish. Teams improve, individual players improve. That's what managers are for.

You can't polish a turd. José Mourinho couldn't turn this bunch into a decent team.

Apparently it is possible to polish a turd, if you freeze it so it gets really hard, it is possible to then polish it. Just thought I would clear that up.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Panspermia ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) "all" and σπέρμα (σπέρμα) "seed") is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With thank's to Wiki.

Hip, this in no way addresses the question of how the whole thing got here in the first place.

Religion (some) would not dismiss panspermia. Catholic schools (in the UK) teach evolution. Religion is not anti science. By the way I'm not saying that Darwinism is a science.

Your point about religion being arrogant by saying that 'they know' is a good one and one that hadn't occurred to me before. You are right. But I will add that when religion Say's 'they know' they are saying that they know the answer lies with an unexplainable, incomprehensible intelligence (god). Science must always have proof.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Apparently it is possible to polish a turd, if you freeze it so it gets really hard, it is possible to then polish it. Just thought I would clear that up.

Why do you freeze your stools?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Panspermia ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) "all" and σπέρμα (σπέρμα) "seed") is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With thank's to Wiki.

Hip, this in no way addresses the question of how the whole thing got here in the first place.

Religion (some) would not dismiss panspermia. Catholic schools (in the UK) teach evolution. Religion is not anti science. By the way I'm not saying that Darwinism is a science.

Your point about religion being arrogant by saying that 'they know' is a good one and one that hadn't occurred to me before. You are right. But I will add that when religion Say's 'they know' they are saying that they know the answer lies with an unexplainable, incomprehensible intelligence (god). Science must always have proof.

I wouldn't even try and explain the origin of the universe because it's impossible to do so.

I've met many religious people (christians) and most describe their belief as "the truth" so i very much doubt they have an open mind about anything, which is a shame.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

Why do you freeze your stools?

I don't but I just showing you it is possible to polish a turd.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I've met many religious people (christians) and most describe their belief as "the truth" so i very much doubt they have an open mind about anything, which is a shame.

I'm sick of you abusing my God. I am the most open minded person I know.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
I don't but I just showing you it is possible to polish a turd.

Unless you've done it how do you know it's true?

Please don't post false stool info unless it's legit.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hip I don't think we are that far apart.

Some Christians are 'know-it-all' pain in the arses. Most (in my experience) just get on with their lives and don't try to preach and convert others.

One reason I'm drawn to the 'God' explanation for the existence of the universe is, as you say, because it impossible to explain.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

chipbutty wrote:... Humans are massively arrogant (not you personally Hip) in thinking that because we cannot comprehend it, it cannot be.

Yes, him personally.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone fancy a pint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: