Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to improve atmosphere at modern football stadia?

+9
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Michael Bolton
chipbutty
Sgt. Bash
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Modern Football grounds are often accused of lacking atmosphere. For me, being forced to sit and only being allowed to enjoy Coca-Cola during the match are big contributing factors.

Of course, thanks to the Hillsborough disaster, even safe standing terraces in modern Premier League/Championship grounds are never going to happen.

A solution to this problem could be to take a lesson from Rugby. At some all seater Rugby grounds, a stand is designated unreserved seating. So basically, you can just get a season ticket or regular ticket in that stand, and sit where you like. Persistant standing in the area were the hardcore are is not usually contested by the stewards. I would personally love an area of the Reebok to be designated unreserved seating. (NL or EL?). No more would I have to suffer a 5 year old in the seat behind spending the best part of 90 minutes kicking the back of my seat with their feet for 19/23 games a season!! Also, if I wanted to stand and create atmosphere, just go and join in with the hardcore. Simples.

As for beer, Rugby may not have the same passion levels as Football, but still, would being allowed to enjoy a pint at my seat really make violence any worse at Football grounds? Surely if they're policed properly, the violence levels wouldn't be any worse than they are at the moment....

Thoughts/Ideas?

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Never have and never will understand why football grounds have to be 'all seaters'. This idea that if you stand up you are less safe is clearly nonsense especially when you get the likes of Man U fans refusing to sit down.

All sitters allow a certain number into a certain area, so could standing areas if they are properly controlled.

This topic is 'Ways to improve the atmosphere'.

To me it's blatantly obvious. Take the seats out behind the goals. Have high steps and barriers to prevent surges forward.

The price in these standing areas could/should be no more than £10, a fiver for under 10s.

Not only would you get a bigger crowd but the atmosphere (which is what we want) would be so much more jovial and enjoyable.

Unfortunately this will never happen. After Hillsborough the powers that be are to scared to take the seats out.

I would like to see a campaign from the fans to put pressure on the FA to return the game to the real fans, the man/woman in the street.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've said this before, bolton should invest in 10,000 life like dummies to sit on empty seats so it looks like we have a sell out. Also these dummies should have a speaker cheering and singing bolton songs so there is plenty of noise. Another idea is to have microphones in each seat and the fan that makes the most noise can be monitored and a cash prize of £1000 given to him or her at the end of the game - it would encourage all fans to make some noise.

I also once mentioned my idea to stop fans standing - fans strapped into their seat, which can only be released at full time.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

One way to get the reebok rocking again is allow drinking in the stands, get some stewards who are not football fan hating jobsworths ...and rip the seats out bar the family and north lower...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:

I also once mentioned my idea to stop fans standing - fans strapped into their seat, which can only be released at full time.

SAD! ::wtf::

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can never understand that drinking rule. You are allowed to take to your seat piping hot drinks such as tea, coffee and chocolate and even take hard plastic bottles to your seat - all of which can be used as missles but you cannot take a flimsy plastic glass of beer to your seat which can do no damage!!!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:I've said this before, bolton should invest in 10,000 life like dummies to sit on empty seats so it looks like we have a sell out. Also these dummies should have a speaker cheering and singing bolton songs so there is plenty of noise. Another idea is to have microphones in each seat and the fan that makes the most noise can be monitored and a cash prize of £1000 given to him or her at the end of the game - it would encourage all fans to make some noise.

Also, how the hell are fans supposed to make any noise when thethey are forced to sit?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said it before, get rid of all the seating and go 100% corporate with every table having a view of the pitch. Surely everyone would rather watch the game in the warmth of a corporate box knocking back a pina colada?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've said it before, get rid of all the seating and go 100% corporate with every table having a view of the pitch. Surely everyone would rather watch the game in the warmth of a corporate box knocking back a pina colada?

I like it. Maybe each box could have like a cinema screen too so if the game is crap you can shut the curtains and watch a movie instead?

I remember the days I went to games, it was flipping freezing sat in the stadium in the winter months. I'd rather be in the warmth. I can't believe no club have thought of having fan heaters blowing into the stands.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I've said this before, bolton should invest in 10,000 life like dummies to sit on empty seats so it looks like we have a sell out. Also these dummies should have a speaker cheering and singing bolton songs so there is plenty of noise. Another idea is to have microphones in each seat and the fan that makes the most noise can be monitored and a cash prize of £1000 given to him or her at the end of the game - it would encourage all fans to make some noise.

Also, how the hell are fans supposed to make any noise when thethey are forced to sit?

What - you are only able to make a noise when stood up?

I do think there are merits in having fans in straight jackets at games, it would cut out rowdy behaviour.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I do think there are merits in having fans in straight jackets at games, it would cut out rowdy behaviour.

You hate rowdy behaviour? This includes chanting I assume?

Its a fact that all seater stadia has demolished most of the atmosphere at football grounds.

Look at Germany - they have it sussed, terracing, drinking in the stands, cheaper tickets, sellout crowds week in week out...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

I like it. Maybe each box could have like a cinema screen too so if the game is crap you can shut the curtains and watch a movie instead?

The curtains are a good idea. If the players looked up and everyone had their curtains shut they'd know they were playing shite. They'd have to go all out to get the curtains opened again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Its a fact that all seater stadia has demolished most of the atmosphere at football grounds.

Look at Germany - they have it sussed, terracing, drinking in the stands, cheaper tickets, sellout crowds week in week out...

I hate rowdy behavior. Who wants to go anywhere where people are being uncouth?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

The curtains are a good idea. If the players looked up and everyone had their curtains shut they'd know they were playing shite. They'd have to go all out to get the curtains opened again.

The real fans on the Terraces would let the players know if they are playing shit.

im not a fan of corporate boxes, I have access to 2 of them for most home games but dont bother, id rather be stood on a cold terrace - how football is meant to be watched.

you go on Nat like your an old-school wanderers fan who has watched more games home and away than most., yet you bang on about chanting being wrong and having to sit with 'poor' people.

You have also whinged about the lack of atmosphere in the Reebok several times - so make your mind up.

I like you as a poster, you provoke debate, but your about as much a 30-odd year old woman as I am one of Owen coyles wives recently plucked pubes...

...and you wonder why people call you a WUM.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

And the clubs are all fan-owned through co-operatives.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Actually, you're the WUM. I suspect you are rich and posh but come on here to try and keep in touch with the common man.

You hate financial institutions but have two pensions. You hate corporate boxes but have access to two of them. See a pattern?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Actually, you're the WUM. I suspect you are rich and posh but come on here to try and keep in touch with the common man.

You hate financial institutions but have two pensions. You hate corporate boxes but have access to two of them. See a pattern?

I'm honest - you lie.

You also back away from arguments or only respond to comments that will fit in with the particular WUM attempt that day.

The boxes are from my company and the company my dad works for.

My pensions are just something I did, both are private ones. I thought you would be happy with this as (whatever I think is going to happen to them) im not planning on 'sponging' of the government as you put it after my usefulness has expired...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm honest - you lie.

You also back away from arguments or only respond to comments that will fit in with the particular WUM attempt that day.

My pensions are just something I did, both are private ones. I thought you would be happy with this as (whatever I think is going to happen to them) im not planning on 'sponging' of the government as you put it after my usefulness has expired...

I have backed up all my arguments very well, your only answer is to call me a WUM.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm honest - you lie.

I have backed up all my arguments very well, your only answer is to call me a WUM.

What do you do for a living nat?

You say your young, posh and pretty...

I really think that's what you aspire to be, In reality I think your old, ugly and poor. prove me wrong.

I think your lying becasue you spend so long telling us just how rich, posh and pretty you are, if you really were of that ilk - you wouldn't feel the need to convince us all.

you spend a very long time telling us about 'yourself' i.e. - your internet persona, yet chose to remain very elusive. I would assume, as you want us all to think you are this person, you would try a little harder to prove it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I think your lying becasue you spend so long telling us just how rich, posh and pretty you are, if you really were of that ilk - you wouldn't feel the need to convince us all.

you spend a very long time telling us about 'yourself' i.e. - your internet persona, yet chose to remain very elusive. I would assume, as you want us all to think you are this person, you would try a little harder to prove it.

Right. So because I don't give out my home address I must be a fake?

I work for Whittam International plc, if you haven't heard of them then I guess that says more about you than me.

I never said I was petty, link me to one place where I said that.

Neither did I say I was rich. I recently stopped buying Bourbon biscuits in favour of Waitrose's own brand. Hardly the actions of a rich person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum