Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to improve atmosphere at modern football stadia?

+9
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Michael Bolton
chipbutty
Sgt. Bash
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Leaving early is my pet hate! Going to the Football these days is not cheap! Yet people seem to leave en masse come the 80th minute! I can understand when we're 0-3 down at home to Fulham, but any other time Mad

I once missed 3 goals leaving early.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:Leaving early is my pet hate! Going to the Football these days is not cheap! Yet people seem to leave en masse come the 80th minute! I can understand when we're 0-3 down at home to Fulham, but any other time Mad

I once missed two goals having a piss... Rolling Eyes

we won the game 2-1, think it was against pompey at the bok - we scored 2 goals in the first 5 mins.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And you call yourself a fan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At least on the rare occassions I go nowadays I do stay until the final whilstle, and I never left early when I was attending all the games, before I moved over the Channel.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

And you call yourself a fan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At least on the rare occassions I go nowadays I do stay until the final whilstle, and I never left early when I was attending all the games, before I moved over the Channel.

Right, so you're slagging me off for missing 5 minutes of one game when you miss the majority?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

err nope, well not up until the start of this season.... As I saw all matches on TV. Why should I spend best part of 500 quid on return flights, tickets, accomodation etc for a football game, when I can nip down to the bar have a few drinks whilst watching the match (which I cannot do at the Reebok) and be warm during the winter months!!!

I hate not being able to watch the matches at the moment, but as I say why should I spend 500 quid more or less every weekend to watch them in person?

But at least when I am at the Reebok I am there until the final whistle - downside is that everytime I nip to the loo for a piss, at the Reebok, I always miss a Bolton goal!!!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:

But at least when I am at the Reebok I am there until the final whistle - downside is that everytime I nip to the loo for a piss, at the Reebok, I always miss a Bolton goal!!!

That happens to me a lot, either when im at the bar just before half time, or when I have a piss.

ive actually been for a piss at times just in the hope that we score...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

ive actually been for a piss at times just in the hope that we score...

same here!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I hate not being able to watch the matches at the moment, but as I say why should I spend 500 quid more or less every weekend to watch them in person?

You shouldn't. That would be stupid.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't miss goals going for a piss as I either hold it until half or full time or go as soon as the opposition score or get a penalty.

Sadly, I rarely have to wait until half or full time!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can never undesrtand why fans leave early unless they have a very good exuse, it's like going to the cinema and leaving before the end IMO.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Or like reading a novel and not bothering with the last chapter!

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Or like having the best sex of your life and then not bothering with the final thrusts

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I'm watching a crap film I leave before the end. If I'm reading a crap book I stop halfway through. Why should football be any different?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As I said, I can understand people leaving early at 0-3 with the team playing shite. It's the people that leave early at 1-0, 2-1 or even with the teams level that get on my nerves.

I'd never leave at half time though, no matter what the score!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't have a problem with people leaving early if it wasn't so disruptive. It's like musical fucking chairs in the West Stand Upper, where I live.

What pisses me off is that we've (like all clubs I suppose) got a brand of supporters (mainly 16-23 y/o's) that pride themselves on being die-hard supporters - they think because they stand and sing, they're the real deal. Ironically the single thing they do the least of is watch the football. They turn up late because they've been at the bar, leave before half time to get back to the bar, arrive late for the second half, then leave early to go out on the piss in the town/city centre.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You shouldn't. That would be stupid.

Thats why Idon't go to every match nowadays - I try to choose the matches I want to go to, both home and away.

Now that I know that a return coach ticket from Amsterdam Amstel to London Victoria costs on average €30 return (Eurolines) - I will probably be going to more London based matches in the near future, otherwise with regards to away matches definitely Hull (if we get to play at their ground again - but always go to that fixture as its an overnight crossing of the ferry, from Rotterdam) or if we ever get to play Newcastle as, again, there is an overnight ferry from Amsterdam.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:...or the actions of a senior executive at Whittam Int'l PLC, not that I'd suggest the corporation is in any way fabricated.

I can assure you no one is above me at Whittam Int plc.

I heard it was changed to Whittam Enterprises. I was working with them only 3 months ago and it was in the pipeline practically finalised. Are you sure you are on the ball with stuff there?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Biggie wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:...or the actions of a senior executive at Whittam Int'l PLC, not that I'd suggest the corporation is in any way fabricated.

I can assure you no one is above me at Whittam Int plc.

I heard it was changed to Whittam Enterprises. I was working with them only 3 months ago and it was in the pipeline practically finalised. Are you sure you are on the ball with stuff there?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum