Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan Athletic: Our main rival?

+6
WhiteBic
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 12:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was born in Bolton, Lancashire. I am Lancastrian.

My sister was born in Farnworth, Bolton, Greater Manchester. My sister is Greater Mancunian, although her Lancashire acccent is far stronger than mine!

Think of it like this:-

Police Constabulary - Greater Manchester Police

Fire Service - Greater Manchester Fire

Ambulance Service - Greater Manchester Ambulance

Local Transport Authority - Transport for Greater Manchester

Local Major Bus Companies - First in Greater Manchester (Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Ashton and Manchester garages); Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan, Hyde, Stockport, Trafford and Manchester garages); Arriva Manchester (Bolton, Wythenshawe and Manchester garages).

and the list goes on.....

So, yep, unfortunately Wigan and Bolton are definitely within the confines of Greater Manchester.

22Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Local Major Bus Companies - First in Greater Manchester (Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Ashton and Manchester garages); Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan, Hyde, Stockport, Trafford and Manchester garages); Arriva Manchester (Bolton, Wythenshawe and Manchester garages).

You couldn't help yourself could you ::mad::

23Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 12:49

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You couldn't help yourself could you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Especially after the news that was announced today that Stagecoach Manchester (under the company name of Greater Manchester Buses East Limited) had bought the Wigan depot from First in Greater Manchester (under the company name of First Greater Manchester Limited) and completion takes place early December 2012.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also in other bus news, Arriva have ordered 21 gas-powered vehicles for its companies in the North West (Arriva Manchester, Arriva North West and Arriva Merseyside)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then not forgetting 5 new routes announced by Easyjey and a few more routes announced by Ryanair from both Manchester and Liverpool JL airports.

lol!

24Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 15:45

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The main point is, the decisions made about Bolton are made in Bolton (95%) by Bolton councillors elected by Boltonians.

25Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 16:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that any team that thinks we are rivals and vice-versa are our rivals if only because we/they believe we are rivals. I'm sure Manure fans laugh at the idea that we are their rivals, but many Bolton fans like to think we are their rivals and to them it's real. Personally I'm not arsed about local rivalries - we are what we are and they are what they are and some days we are better than them, some days we aren't.

That said, I don't like Blackburn since they bought the title and fancy themselves because they have more money, but I don't think of them as rivals - just deluded dickheads.

26Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 16:04

wanderlust wrote:

That said, I don't like Blackburn since they bought the title and fancy themselves because they have more money, but I don't think of them as rivals - just deluded dickheads.

:rofl:

27Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exhibit A.

28Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Wed Oct 31 2012, 22:18

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:I was born in Bolton, Lancashire. I am Lancastrian.

My sister was born in Farnworth, Bolton, Greater Manchester. My sister is Greater Mancunian, although her Lancashire acccent is far stronger than mine!

Think of it like this:-

Police Constabulary - Greater Manchester Police

Fire Service - Greater Manchester Fire

Ambulance Service - Greater Manchester Ambulance

Local Transport Authority - Transport for Greater Manchester

and the list goes on.....

So, yep, unfortunately Wigan and Bolton are definitely within the confines of Greater Manchester.

What crap

29Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Thu Nov 01 2012, 09:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maybe crap but all true, even the "Mountain Rescue" is Greater Manchester Mountain Rescue - as I found out yesterday!!!

30Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Thu Nov 01 2012, 09:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chipbutty wrote:The main point is, the decisions made about Bolton are made in Bolton (95%) by Bolton councillors elected by Boltonians.

Not nowadays - many of the decisions are now done through the GMCA (Greater Manchester Combined Authority) - The roads and traffic signals etc are done through TfGM. The only decisions that are basically done at Bolton Town Hall, nowadays, are buildings extensions etc - In fact the creation of new housing estates the decision has to come from GMCA now!! Bolton has very little autonomy nowadays. Even the health authorities have a new GMCA quango (headed by our own Mr Destroyer - Clifford Morris) in which general decisions are agreed (including the potential loss of Bolton's A&E)!!!

31Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan Athletic: Our main rival? Thu Nov 01 2012, 21:48

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No 71 you are wrong.

This new GMCA does have more power but you will find that as I said before the vast majority of the day to day services are controlled from Bolton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum