Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday

+9
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Whitesince63
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 17:21

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We didn’t strengthen the squad enough to challenge for a playoff spot. The same clubs will beat us unless we can invest more.

22Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 17:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I totally agree.

A lot of talk, but no cash in the pot to make the difference.

23Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 19:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disappointing. Started brightly, but once Bradley missed that great chance we began to look fragile. Wednesday weren't that great, but took the chances we gifted them.
They also had Barry Bannan, who was different class for them today.

24Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 19:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We bossed it for 30 mins, Bradley scores and its game on, two minutes decided that game and we brought it on ourselves, once they scored the second they grew and we went from bad to worse so really dissappointing today, i think Bannan is superb however until the first goal he was a bit under par for me, after he made that first goal he was superb as always.

Saying we haven't strengthned is bullshit, we did our business in January and since then we have had superior form to most and that includes Wednesday, not saying we don't need to improve further but we get stronger each window. And this window is still open.

25Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 20:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another big crowd another disappointment. Leaves me not caring about the Villa game. The league game following is the big one now.
Often, I wonder why Santos has so much of the ball - he is a center back not a ball playing midfielder. So why is Santos coming forward with the ball and bypassing the midfield. It's just a tactic I don't care for.
As for today its only one loss but losing at home against a team who will likely be above us is worrying - also Ipswich won again. Maybe that supercomputer knows somat.  Evil or Very Mad

26Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 20:42

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That was a sobering afternoon.I disagree with comments that Bolton bossed the first half hour, by that time I had already accepted that Sheffield had a better midfield and would have taken a 0-0.
In the 3 home league games this season there hasn't been enough from the forwards, I don't think  there is a promotion standard strike force there.
An expected defeat at Plymouth next week will leave the team in mid table where maybe it belongs

27Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an absolute shitshow, but all too predictable.

Despite what happy-clapper wessy says above, we didn't strengthen over the Summer hence why our pisspoor record against top teams continues.

FFS, I've been banging on about signing a Karl Henry type midfielder for what seems like years now. Teams don't get promoted with a soft centre. Do you think Barry Bannan would have had the freedom of The Reebok if Karl Henry was on the pitch? Of course he wouldn't. The manager seems to think we can get promoted without any steel in the team.

And as for the fooking team selection, what a load of fooking bollocks. Get fooking Charles and Bodvarsson on from the start, it's not bloody rocket science.

I've read some absolute bollocks on other forums this last few days, you'd think we were fooking Man City and the manager was Pep. We are going nowhere with Evans in charge, mid-table is the best we can hope for.

Shazza, get rid now and put me in charge.

28Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sat Aug 20 2022, 23:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The first goal was a cock up followed by a cock up, but what pissed me off was that their heads went down, concentration went out of the window and that allowed them to score an entirely preventable goal that effectively sealed our fate just a minute or so later. Devoid of ideas to wrestle back control.

29Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 07:44

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:The first goal was a cock up followed by a cock up, but what pissed me off was that their heads went down, concentration went out of the window and that allowed them to score an entirely preventable goal that effectively sealed our fate just a minute or so later. Devoid of ideas to wrestle back control.

I think their heads dropped because they knew they were up against a better team with better players.That's one goal and one point in 3 games against Sheff Weds under Evo.The atmosphere was flat in the second half from the Bolton crowd because the fans knew there was no way back against a better team

30Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 09:02

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Growler wrote:

I think their heads dropped because they knew they were up against a better team with better players.That's one goal and one point in 3 games against Sheff Weds under Evo.The atmosphere was flat in the second half from the Bolton crowd because the fans knew there was no way back against a better team
Also, is it a coincidence that Kieran Lee hasn’t appeared in any of them despite being fit and arguably our best midfielder by a mile? Could not believe he wasn’t at least brought on when we were crying out for some inventiveness. Yesterday was down to Evatt for me for dropping Aimson and not using Lee from the start and why sub Bradley, our best attacking outlet?

31Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:24

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bradley has been booked in consecutive matches now, I suppose the thinking yesterday was that the match was already lost and he might lose his head and commit another booking offence.It might be sinking in with Bradley that he is at least a division above the standard of most Bolton players and he is trying a bit too hard.I see glimpses of McAteer in Bradley and think it might be better for the team if he does his running from central midfield rather than wing back.I thought Lee was poor against Morecambe and not ready for a step up to Sheff Weds quality just a few days later.

Not the worst player but the biggest disappointment for me yesterday was Morley.For Bolton to challenge for promotion this season Morley has to be doing consistently well but he was second best to Sheff Weds midfield.

32Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The outstanding player for me was Bannan. Yes he has the skills, but it was his running that surprised me - superfit and pretty damned quick. Some of the sprints and recovery runs he made were incredible and I don't remember him doing anything like that when he played for us. Mind you he was a makeweight loan in the CYL deal with Palace so maybe his heart wasn't in it - but he didn't hold back yesterday.

33Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:36

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Would anyone go for getting Fossey in at wing back?
Have a middle three of Dempsey, Morley and Bradley?
MJ, Lee and Sheehan as very good backup.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

34Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 10:38

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:The outstanding player for me was Bannan. Yes he has the skills, but it was his running that surprised me - superfit and pretty damned quick. Some of the sprints and recovery runs he made were incredible and I don't remember him doing anything like that when he played for us. Mind you he was a makeweight loan in the CYL deal with Palace so maybe his heart wasn't in it - but he didn't hold back yesterday.

Yes I noticed Bannon's running. Relentless, even on 89th minute at 2-0 up he made a 40 yard chase down to put pressure on our back line. He must be coming up 50 too.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

35Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 11:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
Also, is it a coincidence that Kieran Lee hasn’t appeared in any of them despite being fit and arguably our best midfielder by a mile? Could not believe he wasn’t at least brought on when we were crying out for some inventiveness. Yesterday was down to Evatt for me for dropping Aimson and not using Lee from the start and why sub Bradley, our best attacking outlet?
 Totally with you on all of this White. How the hell Lee was overlooked and what Aimson did to lose his place is bemusing. Odd choices but Evatt’s the boss.

36Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't recall a single game this season where the manager has picked our best team.

I'm bemused why Bod doesn't start, by far our best striker.

37Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 18:09

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

terenceanne wrote:Another big crowd another disappointment. Leaves me not caring about the Villa game. The league game following is the big one now.
Often, I wonder why Santos has so much of the ball - he is a center back not a ball playing midfielder. So why is Santos coming forward with the ball and bypassing the midfield. It's just a tactic I don't care for.
As for today its only one loss but losing at home against a team who will likely be above us is worrying - also Ipswich won again. Maybe that supercomputer knows somat.  Evil or Very Mad
Ipswich won again true but they have played 4 very average sides.

38Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 18:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Ipswich won again true but they have played 4 very average sides.

Wessy, do you really believe this team with this manager can finish top 6?

I just don't see it.

39Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 18:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Growler wrote:That was a sobering afternoon.I disagree with comments that Bolton bossed the first half hour, by that time I had already accepted that Sheffield had a better midfield and would have taken a 0-0.
In the 3 home league games this season there hasn't been enough from the forwards, I don't think  there is a promotion standard strike force there.
An expected defeat at Plymouth next week will leave the team in mid table where maybe it belongs
How the hell did we not boss the first half hour, They had no shots on target until we scored for them, they had one header on the 17th minute that went wide.

Bradley sliced through there defence twice and missed. At that point They would have been happy with a draw, even on there board they except we should have gone one up.

If a team scores 2 in two minutes it's not unusual for them to get a lift and the opposition drop. Yes they are a good side and will probably be up at the top all season. 

But read the Owls forum they sounded like us after the Peterboro result. 

If after the Portsmouth H game we are anywhere near the top 8, we will be fine. lets talk again at Christmas.

40Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 18:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Wessy, do you really believe this team with this manager can finish top 6?

I just don't see it.
!00% yes but it's an unuasually tough division at the moment, to be fair you have us down for losing every week so guessing that's you taking the piss.

But why the hell you have a downer on this manager i just don't get. The facts we finished 9th last year with virtually no team in November, December. The recruitment in January was very good, this is born out by our results from Feb to May placing us second in the form league above all three teams that won promotion.

We have a very tough start, from October onwards we have very winnable fixtures i expect to be challenging on boxing day. If we fail to beat those lesser sides fair enough. Take a look at the Ipswich first 5 games and tell me we wouldn't be on more points with those type of opposition. Pre saturday we were 4th whats the problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum