Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday

+9
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Whitesince63
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Sun Aug 21 2022, 19:00

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yesterday was an anomaly but if you watch the EFL highlights we aren’t the only team who gives silly goals away fannying about at the back. In fact even PL teams do it so with more teams playing that way we’re probably no worse than most. Wednesday are a good side but we made it easy for them. I do though agree with Nat, why he doesn’t start every week with Bod and Dion up top I don’t know. Baka just isn’t good enough to start every week but is a terrific 20 minute sub to bring on. For me we’re still a good striker short if we are to seriously challenge so if we could afford Stockton I’d take him no question.

If you look at the table already you can see how it’s already splitting into two leagues, not surprising with the teams in there so the “big” teams will take points off each other over the weeks so losing yesterday probably wasn’t really a disaster, especially if we can get a result at Plymouth, which I think we can. Not bothered about Villa now and I think Evatt should just prepare for league games now. It would be nice to have a cup run but not essential.

42Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Mon Aug 22 2022, 01:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well said wessy.
We weren't only top of the form league in our division. We were the best team in the country and in most of Europe during that spell.

Any team who goes 2-0 behind is at risk of not clawing it back. That's a normal outcome.

I thought we were great for half an hour, and we all know that had we gone in a goal up at half time, we probably would have gone on to score another at least.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

43Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Mon Aug 22 2022, 02:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

If you look at the table already you can see how it’s already splitting into two leagues, not surprising with the teams in there so the “big” teams will take points off each other over the weeks so losing yesterday probably wasn’t really a disaster, especially if we can get a result at Plymouth, which I think we can. Not bothered about Villa now and I think Evatt should just prepare for league games now. It would be nice to have a cup run but not essential.
It will tell us how much we've improved because last season, in general terms, it was the "big teams" and the form teams that we didn't get enough points from.
Plymouth are a form team ATM so we'll see how that goes.

44Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Mon Aug 22 2022, 18:21

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:Yesterday was an anomaly but if you watch the EFL highlights we aren’t the only team who gives silly goals away fannying about at the back. In fact even PL teams do it so with more teams playing that way we’re probably no worse than most. Wednesday are a good side but we made it easy for them. I do though agree with Nat, why he doesn’t start every week with Bod and Dion up top I don’t know. Baka just isn’t good enough to start every week but is a terrific 20 minute sub to bring on. For me we’re still a good striker short if we are to seriously challenge so if we could afford Stockton I’d take him no question.

He doesn't start with them because neither are fully fit, Charles was injured how could he pick him prior to the SW game? Tonights paper says Bodvarsson is out tomorrow, he looks a shadow of the player he was so guessing he as a problem. That leaves Baka not really hard to see why ? If fit i am sure he reverts to Charles and Bod but he can't play them if they are unavailable.

45Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday Mon Aug 22 2022, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: If fit i am sure he reverts to Charles and Bod but he can't play them if they are unavailable.

Bod has been on the bench for every league match, so clearly he's fit. He's by far our best striker, he should be on from the start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum