Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pick next seasons shirts but beware!

+3
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pick next seasons shirts but beware! Empty Pick next seasons shirts but beware! Fri Aug 19 2022, 15:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The good news...

From the clubs official web site

Home shirt to pick from -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Away shirt to pick from -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The bad news (or at least I thinks so) is that to do so you give the club your personal details.  

(I'm getting the word 'disciples' again!)

For the first time in Bolton Wanderers’ history we want you, the fans, to help us pick our kits for next season.

We know that a football kit is so much more than a shirt, shorts and a pair of socks.

It’s a display of pride and passion, the uniform of our heroes, past and present, and one of the most important visual representations of who we are as a club.

And so, we want you to be part of this vital decision for next season.

This is the time of year in the football industry when kits are at planning stage. We’ve got to the point where we have three home kit and three away kit concepts ready for the 2023/24 season and we’d like you to choose your favourites.

The home kit and the away kit concepts that come out on top will be placed into production with our kit manufacturers, Macron, later this month and will be revealed next summer.

Please note, all six options are kit concepts and not final designs. Some details may change in production but the overall concept for each will stand.

How did we choose the final six?

We started the design process earlier this summer with Macron. A number of home and away kit concepts were put forward, we began to consider our different options and we kick-started our consultations with the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust.

Taking on board their feedback and suggestions, senior club staff then further developed the kits internally and a final six designs were selected.

Now, we want to hear your voice.

Tell me more about the designs?

On both the suggestion of the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust and following a growing appetite across football for retro-style kits, all three home kit concepts are a nod to the past.

Option one references Wanderers’ 1983/84 kit, option two the 1993/94 kit and option three is a modern take on a classic pinstriped football shirt.

For the away kits, option one is teal with a diamond pattern, option two is a vibrant mix of navy and hot pink and the third option is all-black with graphic lines.

How do I vote?

You can make your voice heard by clicking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

We’ve worked with British owned, US-based company, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], to bring you the ‘Pick Our Kits’ survey and feedback platform.

Their innovative fan engagement and feedback tool will allow you to rate each kit out of 100 using the slider, and to submit your votes anonymously.

You also have the option to create a log in to offer more comprehensive feedback on the kit concepts and to let us know what you think about our current and past kits. If you take this additional step, you’ll be in with the chance of winning a night’s stay for two at the Bolton Stadium Hotel, plus hospitality for a game of your choice during the 2022/23 season (subject to availability).

Please note that if you do choose to create a login, your information will be retained by Bolton Wanderers alone and will not be shared with any third parties. Social Asking is a software provider to Bolton Wanderers Football Club and the club retains all ownership of responses and data provided in the survey. Social Asking uses your comments and account details solely to ensure veracity and validity of end user comments and poll responses.

Neil Hart, Chief Executive Officer at Bolton Wanderers said: “We’re delighted to be bringing this exciting opportunity to our supporters.

“We want to hear from everyone; supporters, sponsors, partners, suppliers, players and staff. The kits belong to all of us and we should each have a say in the way they look.

“I’d like to extend my thanks to Jon Parker and the team at Social Asking who have worked closely with us every step of the way.

“Our thanks too to the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust for their great insight and input to date and to Macron, for accepting and supporting our decision to do things a little differently.

“We can’t wait to see the results and share them with fans next summer.”

Jon Parker, Chief Executive Officer at Social Asking said: “We're delighted that Bolton Wanderers have chosen to partner with Social Asking on this unique opportunity.

“We think it really shows the power of social engagement, imaginative and innovative leadership, and how to really connect the supporters and club at a grass roots level.

“Neil and the team have been massively supportive in picking a British-owned firm to help lead the way and we’re excited to team up with Wanderers to allow fans a vote in choosing both kits.”

Fans have until midday (12pm) on Friday 26th August to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and feedback to us.

Make your voice heard! Take the survey now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Cheers Sluffy.

Again, it beats me as to why the club don't mail this kind of thing out to their supporters by email.

Same with the villa tickets. I would expect a mail shit if some sort.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:Cheers Sluffy.

Again,  it beats me as to why the club don't mail this kind of thing out to their supporters by email.

Same with the villa tickets. I would expect a mail shit if some sort.

I would guess it has something to do with trawling for contact information of the many Bolton fans who they don't already have details about.

Many people who reply in respect of the shirt vote will not necessarily be ST holders (like those who live abroad or many miles from the ground) and so the club won't have any details about them and once they get that from replying to the shirt question will no doubt in future they will be targeted by the club with offers of merchandise and other sorts of promotions.

It just seems to me to be a way of legalised phishing if you will - in order to get your details so they can target you directly to sell BWFC stuff to you.

They are quite open about them collecting your details - but ask yourself why they want your details if all you are doing is simply picking your favourite club shirt?

I'm sure most people don't have a problem with this but I also guess that there will be plenty who don't even know they are giving away their private information when they are simply giving the club feedback on what shirt they simply like the look of the best.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use Norton Antitracker. Bit pricey, but does the job.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I would guess it has something to do with trawling for contact information of the many Bolton fans who they don't already have details about.

Many people who reply in respect of the shirt vote will not necessarily be ST holders (like those who live abroad or many miles from the ground) and so the club won't have any details about them and once they get that from replying to the shirt question will no doubt in future they will be targeted by the club with offers of merchandise and other sorts of promotions.

It just seems to me to be a way of legalised phishing if you will - in order to get your details so they can target you directly to sell BWFC stuff to you.

They are quite open about them collecting your details - but ask yourself why they want your details if all you are doing is simply picking your favourite club shirt?

I'm sure most people don't have a problem with this but I also guess that there will be plenty who don't even know they are giving away their private information when they are simply giving the club feedback on what shirt they simply like the look of the best.

I don't have any issue giving my email address to the club. Why would I? Why would you?

So I might get an email from them every so often, big deal.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don’t dislike the first home shirt but the rest of them are awful. Stick a Service My Car logo on that paint splattered monstrosity and you’ve got a challenger for worst Wanderers kit ever. I won’t be voting.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't have any issue giving my email address to the club. Why would I? Why would you?

So I might get an email from them every so often, big deal.

I'm sure it isn't a big deal for most people but if I WANTED something from the club - say a ST - the I need to give them my details - but if the CLUB wanted something from me - which shirt do I like best? - then why do they need my personal details as well?

And fwiw, we aren't actually giving our personal details to the club, we are giving them to a third party who then passes them on to the club.

I know loads of people have our personal details anyway - taxman, employer, banks, etc, etc - but why am I giving them to this other company and the club just to reply to the club's question as to what shirt I liked the best?

If you want to receive unsolicited offers of BWFC willy warmers or whatever, then that's up to you but if I'm doing the club a favour by answering their question I don't expect to receive unsolicited junk mail from them in return.

And they may not even pick the shirt you voted for - but you've still given out your personal details and no doubt will get spammed by the club forever more!

Not for me thank you.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

“We’re delighted to be bringing this exciting opportunity to our supporters", said Neil Hart.

When somebody talks to you like this they are either 'taking the p*ss' or treating you like a ten year-old. Which is it, Neil?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Negativity on here.

First off.. My point was saying the club don't contact me enough... They don't even attempt to sell me tickets for cup matches. They don't send reminders about kits I could buy, or ways I child upgrade my season ticket.
They don't send me invites for ifollow matches when available. All these are things I would be tempted to click on if I was given a nudge.
Like, they have my date of birth, but they don't market to me about treating myself to a private box or even to buy myself the latest scarf etc etc.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:Negativity on here.

First off.. My point was saying the club don't contact me enough...  They don't even attempt to sell me tickets for cup matches.  They don't send reminders about kits I could buy,  or ways I child upgrade my season ticket.
They don't send me invites for ifollow matches when available.  All these are things I would be tempted to click on if I was given a nudge.
Like,  they have my date of birth,  but they don't market to me about treating myself to a private box or even to buy myself the latest scarf etc etc.  

Warning people about the club phishing for your personal details - which it basically is doing isn't being negative - it's better informing people of the probable consequences of them voting.

As for why BWFC don't contact you, I suspect that's because your details predate FV's arrival and you (and many others) are on a previous BWFC data base.

Can the old system be interrogated to do the things you say above - I don't know - do you?

I suspect it is far easier to collect personal details this way rather than migrate what they already have and reformat it all to go onto the new system they clearly want to operate from now on.

I'll tell you what though, if you and everyone else who wants to give them your personal details, just so you can say which shirt you like the best - then I'm certain the club will spam you incessantly from then on.

You should be happy Biggie because it sounds exactly what you desire.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every marketing email, a reputable company sends, has to have an opt out option. The moment you decide you don’t want to receive emails, you opt out and they are no longer allowed to send you emails.  There are strict GDPR laws which say what companies can and can’t do with your details.  

I agree that the club should do more marketing to their opted in customer base.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Every marketing email, a reputable company sends, has to have an opt out option. The moment you decide you don’t want to receive emails, you opt out and they are no longer allowed to send you emails.  There are strict GDPR laws which say what companies can and can’t do with your details.  

I agree that the club should do more marketing to their opted in customer base.

Yes I'm well aware of that thank you but how many people actually go to the bother of doing that?

Not that many I suggest.

I still come back to my original point as why does anyone have to give their personal details for basically helping the club out by answering a question they have asked.

They would get the same response if they didn't ask for the personal details of those answering the question - so why make it mandatory that everyone replying has to give their personal details as well?

Phishing
noun

The practice of sending emails/tweets/etc purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information.

I am not suggesting that the club is acting fraudulently though.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Negativity on here.

First off.. My point was saying the club don't contact me enough...  They don't even attempt to sell me tickets for cup matches.  They don't send reminders about kits I could buy,  or ways I child upgrade my season ticket.
They don't send me invites for ifollow matches when available.  All these are things I would be tempted to click on if I was given a nudge.
Like,  they have my date of birth,  but they don't market to me about treating myself to a private box or even to buy myself the latest scarf etc etc.  

Its called objectivity, Sunshine, but if you like being fed puerile pap and unadulterated hogwash you carry on regardless.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phishing is the wrong term here. Bolton are not pretending to be anyone.  

If an email is annoying you, you opt out.  Simple. 

And there is a vote anonymously option too.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Phishing is the wrong term here. Bolton are not pretending to be anyone.  

If an email is annoying you, you opt out.  Simple. 

And there is a vote anonymously option too.

I did state this maybe you missed it?

Sluffy wrote:I am not suggesting that the club is acting fraudulently though.

And what term would you use when the club is seeking personal details from those who are simply responding to a question the club has asked about what shirt they liked the most???

Clearly there is absolutely no need whatsoever for them to seek such personal information from anyone just replying to a question asked on the clubs official website.

And yes maybe people can opt out but be realistic, how many do you think will do that - very few if any I suggest.

How hard would it have been for the club to state something like 'we are introducing a new way of getting in touch with all our fans and although we may have already got your details already, it would help us enormously if you could supply your details again directly on to the new system in order to save us a great deal of time and money reformatting the old system and transferring it on to our new system.  Your help and support in this matter would greatly be appreciated - thank you'.

Why not simply be honest and up front with everyone rather than doing this by this seemingly needless and underhanded way?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What bit did I miss?
Its not underhand at all. You're bringing too much into it.
Standard protocol, enter a competition, you give your details.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:What bit did I miss?  
Its not underhand at all.  You're bringing too much into it.
Standard protocol, enter a competition, you give your details.

How many folk are entering this hoping to win the prize?

Not many I suggest.

You seemed to have ignored completely my comment on how the club could just have been open and honest about seeking people's personal details rather than seeking them off the back of a question about which shirt do you like?

Why is the club using this charade to obtain them when it could easily have asked for them openly?

There's completely no reason to do it in this way.

So why have they?

It is probably because most folk wouldn't be arsed sending their details in again but plenty will vote for the shirt they like AND give their personal details at the same time to do so.

If you are happy to do that, then that's your choice, I've simply flagged up the consequences of doing so for others who might not want to do that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum