Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt: 'Some deals just seem too good to be true'

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt: 'Some deals just seem too good to be true' 14840578

Ian Evatt won’t be heading home early on deadline day – but says he will be keeping a cool head before doing any further business.

The Wanderers boss says he has been taken aback by the standard of players which have been offered to him over the past few weeks from the Championship and Premier League.

And while he has not completely ruled out bringing in a late signing, he is unwilling to gamble on expensive loan deals which could destabilise the finances of the club, or the harmony within his own squad.

Asked about the possibility of new additions he told The Bolton News: “It is not impossible and I am here all day!

“I wish I could publicise the things that have been.. I wish I could, because some of it is staggering. Some of it is really staggering. But it is not about that sometimes.

“We are not that model where we just want to keep ripping it up and starting again, we don’t want that. We want to get a squad of players that we believe we can develop and improve for the right money and the right price. And I think we do that.

“We have taken one or two loans of course, which we think will improve us. But when you start taking loans from players and clubs that are on absolute rock star money, there has to be a reason why.”

Wanderers have made a few enquiries, one of which is believed to be for QPR striker Macauley Bonne, but Evatt refuses to make knee-jerk signings based on reputation or the opportunity to grab a few big headlines.

“Some deals just seem too good to be true and as much as they might improve the team initially, culturally it might do a huge amount of damage to what we have worked hard to build on the training ground and in and around the football club,” he said.

“I like who we are, I love what we have become and I want us to keep improving and progressing.

“I know the fans want that more than ever but I am sure if you ask them, they would want us to do it responsibly and respectfully, and I think that is what we are doing.”

The Wanderers boss accepts, however, that fans could feel a tinge of disappointment if they do not see a signing on deadline day.

“Every fan wants to see that, of course they do,” he said. “And I get excited by deadline days, even though nothing is really happening at the moment. I think, ‘what about him?’ and ‘I can’t believe we could get him’.

“But when you step back and think about what we are, who we are , who we have become, what we are trying to do, where this club has been in recent history, I think we are getting it spot on.

“Hopefully, this season will go on to prove that. But for now, we will see what happens later today but if not, I am more than happy with what we have and I have a huge belief in everyone we have got.”

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe it is just me but all these deals that seemed to be too good to be true - then who are they then?

I mean below are all the EFL transfers for yesterday and (in the second link) for the whole of August.

I can't seem to find any of these 'big' players turning up on loans to clubs like ours to 'put them in the shop window' so to speak?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62748352
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62382795

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum