Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the earliest you left a Bolton game?

+13
wanderlust
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Mallorca Trotter
Sgt. Bash
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
chris_bwfc
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
chris_bwfc wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Listen up Christopher, please give me one good reason why you should stay until the final whistle when you're losing 3-0?
A)Because your a loyal fan B)Because you've paid for a full match so should stay C)Because you never know what might happen. E.g you may get two quick fire goals and a last minute penalty! :number1:

A) Bullshit. Loyalty is buying the ticket, not sticking around to watch a drubbing. You probably have a favourite restaurant, but if they fucked up the starter and main course would you stick around for a dessert? Of course not.

B) Have you ever paid to watch a film at the cinema and left early or rented a DVD and turned it off after half an hour because it's shite? It's human nature to ditch something as soon as it becomes boring or shite regardless of what was paid for it.

C) As I've said, I've been leaving games early for 20 years and have never missed a fightback.

Basically this is why I laugh at football fans. In any other scenario where they were getting shite service or entertainment they would be out of there quick-sharp. But because it's football they feel they have to stay until the bitter end out of loyalty.

Bellends ::bellend::

Now Natasha A) If a restaurant mucked up a meal I would demand a free dessert so I'm not sure what point your making there
B)I have paid to watch a film and it would only be one I love or will love just like bolton. I bought a season ticket because it's the club I love so won't leave early!
C)Two years ago I bet when we played blackpool you were one of the many fans who left early and could not witness a great comeback and 2 years ago during a bad run of form I bet you also left early at the wolves game therefore not bearing witness to Daniel Sturridge's 90th minute winner that put us back on track!

Therefore natasha once again :bullshit:

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wembley V Stoke for me. I didnt go up for the 2nd half. The 4th goal went in and I finished off my £5 pint and went to a pub nearby and watched the second half of Arsenal V Liverpool.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never left early even if it means an extra half hour trying to move the car afterwards. I think the reason I always stay (apart from the possibility of a goal or at least some good play) is to show support for my team and to guage their reaction if we lose. Any player that doesn't look absolutely gutted if we lose goes down in my estimation.

Strangely, I believe that if I stay to the bitter end, it shows the players that I care and they'll know that their job is far more important than turning up and collecting a wage - it tells them that we're in this together. If people walk out when the going gets tough it de-motivates the players IMO and ironically the it's the same people that whinge about the team having done their bit to de-motivate them.

"Watch when we're winning...you only watch when we're winning..."

We're too shit to be glory-hunters so why not get over it and support the team regardless of the game or score? Wankers.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:I've never left early even if it means an extra half hour trying to move the car afterwards. I think the reason I always stay (apart from the possibility of a goal or at least some good play) is to show support for my team and to guage their reaction if we lose. Any player that doesn't look absolutely gutted if we lose goes down in my estimation.

Strangely, I believe that if I stay to the bitter end, it shows the players that I care and they'll know that their job is far more important than turning up and collecting a wage - it tells them that we're in this together. If people walk out when the going gets tough it de-motivates the players IMO and ironically the it's the same people that whinge about the team having done their bit to de-motivate them.

We're too shit to be glory-hunters so why not get over it and support the team regardless of the game or score? Wankers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone who left a game early is a wanker? WOW

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If people really don't like spending ages on the Reebok carparks, just park your car on the farmers fields (the ones that allow you too for a small profit of course!) - Leave the game on the final whistle, 10 to 20 minute walk from the ground (depending on how quick a walker you are...) and you're straight on the road to home. Sorted.

No need to leave a match 10 minutes from the end to avoid traffic!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Anyone who left a game early is a wanker? WOW

Either a) Yes - nobody should be let out unless they have a doctors' appointment or a note from their mum, or

b) No - anybody who intentionally misconstrues the point I'm making just to be a pedantic twat is a wanker.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

BoltonTillIDie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
clown

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It often pisses me off when somebody leaves early, not because it means they're 'not true supporters' and all that nonsense, but because it can be disruptive for other people at crucial points of a match.

Is loyalty really a two way street, when one party is paying and the other is being paid? As customers of the club, should supporters be expected to show the same levels of loyalty as the employees, i.e. the players?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

doffcocker wrote:It often pisses me off when somebody leaves early, not because it means they're 'not true supporters' and all that nonsense, but because it can be disruptive for other people at crucial points of a match.

A guy who sits a few rows in front of me now nearly got his head kicked in during the leeds game, he stood up infront of someone just before davies equalised to make it 2-2, he was of a better word SEETHING to put it lightly.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I've never left early even if it means an extra half hour trying to move the car afterwards. I think the reason I always stay (apart from the possibility of a goal or at least some good play) is to show support for my team and to guage their reaction if we lose. Any player that doesn't look absolutely gutted if we lose goes down in my estimation.

You really are a deluded bellend.

Do you honestly think at the end of another thrashing Zat Knight looks up into the crowd and sees Wanderlust sat on his tod and thinks "I must try harder next week, just for Wanderlust".

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I might win this one as I once left a game after 15 minutes. Between leaving my front door and arriving at the ground I came over very ill. It was coming out of both ends.

If someone starts a 'have you ever shat yourself at the game' thread I'll win that too Very Happy

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Used to get the footie special [No 8] from Burnden Park when I first started going, so would leave with a couple of minutes left because the driver would be off as soon as more than 10 people got on and it was a long wait for another. Apart from that not one for leaving early, can understand if we are getting tonked, its the ones that piss off with 15 minutes left with the game at 2-2 or something that do my head in!!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I left the Keepmoat Stadium at halftime in 2009 when Susan's lad was in charge.

There must have been about 50 of us in the nearby Beefeater pub when the second half was being played.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just remembered another time, when Peter Reid got his injury at Burnden and it Snowed like fcuk and the game got abandoned.

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

I leave if I'm out in the evening and the result can't change ( 3-0 with 2 mins to go).....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum