Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plymouth boss gives verdict on Bolton draw and 'cheap' sending off

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plymouth boss gives verdict on Bolton draw and 'cheap' sending off 16333432

Plymouth boss Steven Schumacher says Joe Edwards’ sending off in his side’s goalless draw against Wanderers was “cheap”.

The Pilgrims’ captain was shown a second yellow card in stoppage time for a foul on Liverpool loanee Owen Beck.

Elias Kahcunga went closest to breaking the deadlock after combining with Owen Beck, but his effort struck the post.

Will Aimson also had to make a vital goal-line clearance at the other end as the Whites’ backline continued to impress.

When asked about the sending off, Schumacher said: “I thought it was a bit cheap.

“I thought there were a few decisions, you didn’t know what the ref was going to do sometimes. Sometimes he was giving cheap fouls, other times he wasn’t.

“I thought Joe made contact of the ball and they were actually in possession of it in a similar position to where he gave the free kick.

“He has given two yellows, we can’t appeal it and we will just have to get on with it.”

Plymouth had won their last four league matches ahead of their trip to the University of Bolton Stadium.

Schumacher says it is always a tough place to visit and admits his side are “probably pleased” to leave with a point.

He added: “It will turn out to be a good point towards the end of the season, I’m sure.

“It was a really hard game, competitive, which we expected. It is never easy when you come here and I thought it two teams went at it.

“It was tight, especially in the first half, there were not a lot of chances or goalmouth action. But second half, it opened up a little bit and we had a couple of chances, and so did they.

“We come away with a point and we are probably pleased with that in the end.”

The result sees Wanderers remain in the play-off places, having lost just one of their last six 11 in all competitions.

Meanwhile, the Pilgrims extend their lead at the top of the table and have still lost just three league games since the start of the campaign.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum