Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exeter boss Caldwell on Bolton draw and 'outstanding' Maghoma

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exeter boss Caldwell on Bolton draw and 'outstanding' Maghoma 17841624

Exeter boss Gary Caldwell was “proud” of his side’s second-half performance against Wanderers – but admits there is a tinge of frustration they didn’t take all three points.

The Whites went ahead through Paris Maghoma but a quickfire double from Sonny Cox turned the game on its head early in the second half.

Eoin Toal headed home the equaliser three minutes from time after getting on the end of Jack Iredale’s cross.

“I am really proud of the reaction and the commitment they showed second half. They played on the front foot and were aggressive,” said Caldwell.

“In the first half, I felt like they were far too passive and there was too much doubt. Second half, there was no doubt and we looked like a different team.

“We probably could have won the game but in the end, delighted with a point. It is another point towards the total and we have got nine big games to go.

“We have to show that commitment, endeavour and desire that we showed in the second half because when we do, we look like a really good team.”

The Exeter chief was particularly impressed by Brentford loanee Maghoma, who took his goal well after a slick passing move.

“Bolton give you a huge problem by how many men they put on the last line. They played with two wing-backs, two number nines and two eights who play really wide,” Caldwell continued.

“Today, we wanted Zak (Jules) to jump from centre-half which is something we have never done before.

“The quality and physicality Bolton have – I think Maghoma is an outstanding player – we felt like that was the way to go against it.

“First half, there was a bit of uncertainty and when you give good teams one or two yards of space, they can hurt you.

“Second half, they didn’t get that space. We were much more aggressive in the duels and I think we looked like a different team. At 2-1, we had the best chances to get a third or fourth and that was the disappointing thing.

“Late on, they are always going to come at you because they are such a good team. They have so many good players on the bench and can make positive changes.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum