Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yid Army

+2
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yid Army Empty Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Peter Herbert gone too far with this one ? The Spurs fans have flags with Yid Army on them so I don't see it as a major issue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229658/Yid-row-Tottenham-fans-racist-claims-Peter-Herbert.html

2Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:34

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I do think this is a bit far, its clearly not intended to be racist or offensive, it would be like our fans getting upset because we sing 'wanky wanderers'.

I believe so called racist words are only racist if they are intended to harm.

A 80 year old referring to a Pakistani as 'paki' just as a reference and not with any hurtful intent I don't find racist, neither is a black person refering to a black friend as 'his nigga'.

A word on its own isn't enough to be harmful, its the way its used, just like the difference between introducing your friend Mark as 'a bit of a twat' in a joking way and calling someone you thought was a total twat a twat

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:44; edited 1 time in total

3Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. If the Spurs fans don't have an issue with it then why the need to make it an issue? Peter Herbert does not speak for Spurs fans.

4Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is now known as the Y word - Please see Gary Linekar's video

5Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair I see nothing wrong in it....

If Ajax fans can chant Ajax-joden-ajax-Amsterdam

and chant just joden joden joden

then whats wrong in it?

joden = jews

6Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 12:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of it boils down to the context in which it was said and a lot of Sopurs fans who chant ' Yid Army ' are probably not even Jewish.

In these situations I think the most definitive answer should be obtained from the Chairman of the Spurs Jewish Supporters Association.

7Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 13:21

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Political correctness gone mad.

8Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Thu Nov 08 2012, 16:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Peter Herbert seems to be one of those twats whose whole life is dedicated to being offended on other people's behalf (and in his case making some money out of it probably).

There is a difference between racial abuse and the use of words themselves. These bleeding heart liberals ignore the fact that this is not an issue for Spurs fans themselves, just like some black people use the n word and gays use the q word.

Apologies for the politically correct use of "n word" and "q word" as I don't want to upset anyone. Wink

9Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Fri Nov 09 2012, 10:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Metropolitan Police have reassured Spurs fans that they will not face prosecution for using the word ' Yid ' in matchday chants. London's police force agreed with the club and it's supporters that the 'Yid Army' songs are not anti-Semitic.

As a result of this, Peter Herbert has written to Spurs on behalf of the Black Lawyers Association giving them an ultimatum that they must take positive steps to stamp out this chant before the 30th November. Shocked

10Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Fri Nov 09 2012, 11:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well I know what I would say to Peter Herbert - stick his f'in ultinatum wher teh sun don't bleeding shine. There again, his head is already there!!!

Pathetic individual!

11Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Fri Nov 09 2012, 13:52

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:Well I know what I would say to Peter Herbert - stick his f'in ultinatum wher teh sun don't bleeding shine. There again, his head is already there!!!

Pathetic individual!

:agree:

He'll be coming after us next saying "super white army" is racist! Evil or Very Mad

12Yid Army Empty Re: Yid Army Fri Nov 09 2012, 13:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can fcuk right off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum