Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corbyn to abolish army!

+10
Chairmanda
Norpig
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Corbyn to abolish army! Mon Sep 14 2015, 23:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Anyone see this headline from the right wing sun?

Absolute garbage.

Taken out of context from an interview 3 years ago where he said something like, wouldn't it be great if all politicians in the world could just shake hands and we could abolish all our armies.

He didn't ever suggest that he will do it. I suppose we better get used to this sort of thing in the press, they must see him as a real threat.

CORBYNS ISIS PAST REVEALED - NEW LABOUR LEADER ONCE VISITED TURKEY IN 1995

CORBYN TO ABOLISH CANCER TREATMENTS - said his mum was very ill after chemotherapy

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 06:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes, they are going to go to town on him. He's laid himself a mine field with some of his past actions and the media will exploit it all.
He may have some good and meaningful ideas but he has skeletons in the cupboard which will be a constant hindrance and will cast doubt in my mind as to his ability to lead the Labour party effectively.
He refused to answer questions on his shadow cabinet yesterday, which to me would be a basic situation to project his thoughts.
The fact half the shadow cabinet had fucked off must have caused him some serious stress.

3Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 07:48

Did anybody else see Dennis Skinner put that woman from the BBC in her place yesterday for doing just this?

She rounded off her live piece to camera with a glib comment along the lines of "So there you have it, Dennis Skinner says he will not serve in a shadow cabinet under Jeremy Corbyn" and Skinner (off camera) gave her a right bollocking for taking his words out of context.

She shat herself and tried saying it was just a joke but he made it clear that it obviously wasn't a joke and she should remember that she was working for the BBC and not one of Murdoch's rags or Sky.

It was brilliant.

4Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 08:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All politicians are given this treatment. It's not reserved for a no body like Corbyn.

5Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 08:49

That's complete bollocks Hipster, it might calm down to a normal amount soon but the level of shit at the moment is far higher than anybody -  including Sturgeon - has had to put up with.

6Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 08:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well we live in different countries and have different newspapers so you may be right. 

That said during the referendum the level of this kind of thing aimed at SNP leadership was intense. 

Don't forget the personal attacks Nicola had to put up with during the election. "The most dangerous woman in Britain" springs to mind. 

Corbyn will get used to it I'm sure.

7Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 09:23

Can't comment on how Sturgeon was portrayed in the Scottish media at the time because, as you say, we have different newspapers and the whole referendum debate didn't get that much coverage down here until it became apparent that it was going to be a close call and they all jumped on trains up to Edinburgh in a mad panic right at he end.

She, like Corbyn, was seen largely as an irrelevance by the Westminster-centric media in England until the General Election results started to roll in.

Just like when it became apparent that he was going to walk the Labour leadership vote.

Corbyn got elected with the largest, clearest mandate of any party leader in British political history (and it's got cock all to do with Tories joining up for three quid and voting for him) after the media had painted him as nothing more than a loony throwback to "Old Labour" who didn't stand a cat in hell's chance, so instead of affording him the respect and serious coverage that he deserves, they are desperately trying to maintain their position that he isn't a serious player to save face.

Anybody of average intelligence can see it but my fear is that by definition, 49% of the electorate must be below average intelligence and they're the ones who will believe all the shite they read about him in the likes of The Mail and The Sun and hear on Fox Lite (Sky News).

8Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 10:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Leveson enquiry did nothing to reform the press into a decent and fair medium. If anything, they are worse than ever, encouraged to write cheap, personal, biased attacks by Cameron's refusal to accept and implement Leveson's findings and recommendations. The treatment of Milliband (and Sturgeon) by the press was a disgrace which Cameron was hardly likely to try to curb.

Almost all the press are Tory supporters, so the public does not get a balanced, fair picture. Corbyn has made known his sentiments about the media whose excesses he wants to limit, and so he will be the subject of prejudiced condemnation by unscrupulous rags with a vested interest in a Tory future.

It seems to me that politics (and the media) have lost touch with morality, so it makes a welcome change to see a politician offer humanitarian principles, common decency and fairness as his main standpoints.  Clearly, a more principled approach struck a chord with those who voted for him in such high numbers.

As Breadman says, The Sun, Mail, Telegraph etc have been taken aback by his overwhelming success. Having discounted him as a madman previously, they are now having to be involved in discrediting him, so that they can safeguard their future via an acquiescent Tory government.

Whilst his party, through debate, will seek to modify one or two of his more extreme views, Corbyn's main problem will be to persuade the public that his principled ideals can be achieved without detriment to the economy and personal finances, but it is clear that the only moral choice lies in Labour's hands.

PS: How has it become accepted that having left-wing policies allows the press to use the word "leftie" as if it were a term of justifiable abuse? Could we begin to sneer at Tory policies by branding them "rightie"?

9Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 10:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

CORBYNS ISIS PAST REVEALED - NEW LABOUR LEADER ONCE VISITED TURKEY IN 1995

I visited Turkey in 1999. What does that say about my political leanings?....Bugger all.

10Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The term "leftie" has been used since I was a lad, if you use the term "rightie" it doesn't have the same swashbuckling ring to it?
Furthermore I personally have never seen it as an insult, but then again I'm from a different generation when the Black and White Minstrels were on the telly and Bernard Manning was in his pomp!
I'd have loved to have seen Dennis Skinner give it some, then again the BBC is being put under pressure by the Government, and no doubt the interviewee would think she was getting a few brownie points for them.

11Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:40

The fun starts at 3:40.

Enjoy.

12Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He should have done the job proper and twatted her with the mace!Very Happy
Thanx for that bread.

13Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 14:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good old Dennis. All hail the Beast of Bolsover! Razz

14Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 15:30

Dying breed unfortunately.

Can you imagine any modern politician appearing live outside parliament with no front teeth?

(Apart from in fantasy dream sequences involving George Osborne and a cricket bat.)

15Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Almost all the press are Tory supporters

I love you okocha but you are so blinkered when it comes to the Tories.

17Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:56

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Almost all the press are Tory supporters

I love you okocha but you are so blinkered when it comes to the Tories.
If you know or have ever seen Priestley's "An Inspector Calls" (it was on TV last Sunday!), then you would understand my politics.....and would surely join with me.......

18Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be interesting after all the speculation about what JC and his Shadow Cabinet may or may not think or do.

I guess they'll come up with a full manifesto eventually - and the debate within the Labour Party will be very interesting indeedy, especially when it comes to costing proposals - the broad left is a big church.

Main thing for me though is that there will actually be a proper policy debate for the first time in 30 years.

Can't remember the last time nationalisation of core sectors was even considered, let alone costed and debated, but I guess it would have to happen eventually given the failure of the private sector to deliver in certain areas.

What i want to know though, is whether or not everybody will get an allotment or just the apparatchiks?

19Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:38

I've got my name down for a Dacha in the woods up Smithills.

It's got a swanky larder big enough for a full month's supply of potatoes.

Although I doubt I'll ever get the full 8 in mine but I can dream.

20Corbyn to abolish army!  Empty Re: Corbyn to abolish army! Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Corbyn being attacked on the news tonight for failing to sing during the national anthem. I can see this being a recurring theme.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum