Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here is one of my more silly ideas that just might work...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Packachute!

Instead of hand luggage on a plane you take a back pack which doubles as a parachute. Of course you would only be able to use in very unusual emergency situations but bear with. (or is it "bare")

Anyway.

Are not most plane crashes a result of some minor malfunction with a sprinkling of human error. The main problems being close to landing or take off. So we wouldn't be talking about jumping out of the plane at 40,000 feet at 500 mph.

Imagine you are in a plane where the landing gear is stuck so you have to crash land. Crash landings without landing gear give you a 50/50 chance of blowing up. But it's only the landing which is dangerous. The plane can fly fine apart from that. So the pilot could fly low and slow for as long as it took for all the passengers to safely jump out.

If you had he choice between a handbag with a book and some sweets or your own parachute which would you carry on?

(I would also include some kind of smoke hood as I believe the biggest cause of death is inhaling too much smoke whilst escaping)

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Have you got any ideas?

What about a baby bottle that changes colour if it's too hot. You know like those colour changing toy cars that used to go red if you put them in hot water!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stick to the day job.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You're obviously the first person to ever think of this jayjay. Genius.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I never said I was the first. Just wonder why nobody does it!

Why not just make every seat on a plane with an in built parachute, and then have James Bond style ejector seats

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:Packachute!

Imagine you are in a plane where the landing gear is stuck so you have to crash land. Crash landings without landing gear give you a 50/50 chance of blowing up. But it's only the landing which is dangerous. The plane can fly fine apart from that. So the pilot could fly low and slow for as long as it took for all the passengers to safely jump out.

I believe the biggest cause of death is inhaling too much smoke whilst escaping)

I would love to see this in action. Pensioners leaping from a plane flying low and slow. Shocked

Smoking is now banned on all aircraft. If you light up you face a serious fine and plenty of dirty looks.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was travelling to Stornoway once and the plane had about 7 red leather seats, complete with ashtrays and tartan carpeting.

a real relic.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whenever a plane crashes they always seem to recover the black box which always seems to survive the impact intact. Why don't they just make the planes out of the same metal they use to make the black box ? Plane crash fatalities would be a thing of the past. I'm surprised someone hasn't thought of this before now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum