Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Duckworth Dead!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jack Duckworth Dead! Empty Jack Duckworth Dead! Fri Nov 09 2012, 19:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not a soap fan but when I've have to sit and watch them over the years I did think Jack was one of the best 'characters' around.

RIP.

Jack Duckworth Dead! _64048581_corotarmey1997

Actor Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth in ITV soap opera Coronation Street, has died.

Tarmey, 71, left the soap in 2010 after more than 30 years in the show.

His family confirmed that he died in Tenerife, Spain, on Friday, and asked for "privacy as they grieve for a wonderful husband, father and brother".

Liz Dawn, who played his on-screen wife Vera Duckworth, said: "You couldn't wish to meet a more lovely man and a true gentleman."

A statement from Coronation Street said the cast, crew and production team were "devastated" to learn of his death.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill's wife and soulmate Ali and their family at this very sad time," it said.

Tarmey was married to his childhood sweetheart Alison for 50 years and they had two children.

As well as suffering ill health himself, Tarmey eventually left Coronation Street to help care for his son Carl, who was battling a brain tumour.

He told ITV Granada earlier this year: "If this hadn't happened, they would've had to drag me out of there screaming. It was a wonderful bloody job, especially for an old coffin-dodger."

A life-long heavy smoker, Tarmey suffered a severe heart attack at just 35 while singing on stage and had heart surgery to bypass clogged arteries at 45, having the operation redone 15 years later.

He also suffered from sleep apnoea, a condition that resulted in him jolting awake several times a night due to breathing problems.

Liz Dawn, who played his nagging on-screen wife until 2008, said: "I am totally bereft. He will always be remembered by everyone he came into contact with because he was such a kind and generous man."

For Tarmey's final appearance in the soap two years ago, Jack and Vera were reunited one last time when they appeared to dance together as a dying Jack drifted in and out of consciousness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20270904

2Jack Duckworth Dead! Empty Re: Jack Duckworth Dead! Sat Nov 10 2012, 10:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And he was to appear with Liz Dawn (re-creating the characters of Jack and Vera) for a clip on Children In Need at the end of the month - that has probably been recorded but whether they show it, or not, now who knows. If it has been recordered I hope they do show it as a tribute!

3Jack Duckworth Dead! Empty Re: Jack Duckworth Dead! Sat Nov 10 2012, 12:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

RIP Jack!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum