Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You put your asylum seekers in, you put your asylum seekers out...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's turning into an utter farce now...

Migrants being moved off barge over bacteria fears

Migrants are being temporarily removed from the Bibby Stockholm barge after traces of Legionella bacteria were found in the water.

The BBC understands that routine testing was done before migrants moved on to the vessel, moored in Dorset.

But test results showing traces of the bacteria came back only after migrants had moved to the barge.

Legionella is the bacteria that can cause Legionnaires disease - a type of pneumonia.

The BBC has been told that while migrants have used the water supply on board, none have so far showed symptoms, but have been removed from the barge as a precaution.

Another test has also been done since, and it is expected that migrants will be moved back on if and when the water supply is all clear of the bacteria.

The BBC understands the UK Health and Security Agency has recommended further testing of the water supply.

Government sources have said they are complying with the UKHSA guidance and have gone "above and beyond" what has been recommended by removing people from the barge temporarily.

The Home Office has been asked to comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-66476538

To be fair to Wanderlust, I laughed at him and the absurdity of his suggestion to bringing back prison ships last used in Charles Dickens's time - Magwitch escaped from one in Great Expectations - the 1946 film with John Mills is one of the best film I've ever seen, even to this day - just goes to show the desperation of the government to be seen to be doing something, anything, no matter how desperate, to be seen to be on top of the problem.

Clearly they aren't.

They must have asked Wanderlust for some business advice no doubt!

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More from 63's favourite man.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That’s the best place for them, contained away from the public.

We are bringing Victorian diseases and the like back to our country we once eradicated. I know this is about legionnaires before anyone starts. 

Perhaps they should house these people with the government, they would soon shut the boarders then!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that this country isn’t the dogs bollocks anymore, it’s the dogs arse!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You are quite correct KP, this country has changed from the Dog's bollocks to the Dog's arse.
Got fuck all to do with migrants though. Have a look at all the other things that are failing in this country. The  only thing this government can do to cling onto power is try and create an issue over immigration because there's fuck all else they can campaign on. 
Most people can see through it and see what the real major issues in this country are. The ridiculous rhetoric coming from  the likes of Braverman and Honest Bob is an embarrassment to our country.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:You are quite correct KP, this country has changed from the Dog's bollocks to the Dog's arse.
Got fuck all to do with migrants though. Have a look at all the other things that are failing in this country. The  only thing this government can do to cling onto power is try and create an issue over immigration because there's fuck all else they can campaign on. 
Most people can see through it and see what the real major issues in this country are. The ridiculous rhetoric coming from  the likes of Braverman and Honest Bob is an embarrassment to our country.
As is Lee Anderson. This man is deputy leader of the Conservative Party, which says a lot about how low we've sunk.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whilst I don’t absolve this government of many of the ills were suffering now, it’s a bit rich to blame them for everything. Immigration, too much of it over a short period is certainly one major factor but there are many others. Lack of discipline in schools, no respect for the law, social media which has done as much damage as good in many ways. This country used to be a place to be proud of but it’s been wrecked as much by the population as much as government. I genuinely fear for my grandchildren into what not just this country but the whole world is turning into. I don’t think any government now has the capability to improve things so instead of blaming politicians blame yourself because like me you’ve allowed all this to happen.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tories have been in power for 13 years, but it's our fault. Razz

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Tories have been in power for 13 years, but it's our fault. Razz

It is really, society has been broken for a long time going back years, far longer than the last 13 under Conservative (Con/Lib Dem) governments.

In very, very over simplified reason's, that has occurred from the breakdown of good parenting together with the failure of integration of those coming from other nations (bringing with them their cultures of how they do things in their own lands) and our failure to integrate them into our 'British' society.

That has been exacerbated through years and years of government cuts in funding in education, policing, social services, the courts (I've just read the third book by the Secret Barrister, which gives a wonderful insight from the inside as to on how the judicial system is broken and the effects on society (and crime!)) etc, etc.

You end up with what we have today, a society that has become too self entitled, generally uneducated (look at how easily people are brainwashed via social media for instance), becoming more on more lawless (knife crime for instance is the 'norm' in many areas these days) and more extreme in their views  - look at the blind hatred many have (even on here) for everything Tory.

'Corruption' at the highest level is now common - for instance Blair lied to go to war, Boris to Parliament, a German Chancellor, Gerhard Schroder was 'bought' by the Russians, Trump is on trial for basically trying to overthrow his loss to Biden and remain President.

You have only to go on ww to see how 'normal' people behave to watch 'dodgy' football streams rather than pay (that might be seen to be 'laddish' of them but it still is theft!).

Wanderlust (yes I know) if you believe him (!) has plenty money apparently, holidays to Jamaica and the Italian Lakes, etc, etc, but he brags openly have having bought an illegal firestick to watch football streams for free - my point being such behaviour (we are talking about the deliberate taking of something you don't own - theft in other words) is widespread and common place these days, even amongst those who can afford not to steal!

It is what it is.

My father used to think society was broken when I was a child - but it just seemed normal to me at the time.  Now it is me who echo's my dad's views on how society has gone down the drain - but my daughter can't see it - it is normal to her - it's what she's lived in, she hasn't seen it better as I have and my father before me.

The problem is now deep rooted, it is global, it is the control of people and their minds.

At the end of the day it is all about power and as the saying goes...

Power corrupts and absolute power...

Well you know the rest!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum