Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burton 1-1 Bolton

+3
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 09:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the away allocation for Wanderers fans has been sold out.

With Burton having only drawn one game so far and are currently sitting bottom of the league, Is it going to be a good day out for our fans?

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Aug 26 2023, 16:59; edited 2 times in total

2Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 09:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to bounce back from Saturday and get back to winning ways. There may be a few changes in the team i reckon. When is Toal due back? We need him back ASAP.

3Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burton will no doubt have watched the Wigan shambles, so we can probably expect them to flood the midfield and get stuck in.

I can see us losing again unfortunately, 2-0 to the home side.

4Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 13:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can’t see us not winning this comfortably. Burton have serious injury problems to over half their first team including Cole Stockton and Jamal Blackman so it’s probably as good a time as any to play them. If after Saturday some players don’t show up again this weekend then they should be given the Declan treatment and others take their place. Probably the biggest under-performers were Jones, Iredale, Sheehan, Morley and Santos who were all shadows of themselves. Do we give them another chance to redeem themselves or make changes? Personally I’d stick to start with and see how the first 30 minutes goes and if they’re still lagging I’d hook them off, whoever they are including Rico. Saturday for me was just a day when nearly everyone struggled which I don’t expect to happen again this weekend.

5Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Can’t see us not winning this comfortably.

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, last Friday.

Whitesince63 wrote:I can’t see anything other than another comfortable win

6Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Tue Aug 22 2023, 22:13

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, last Friday.

Yep, I got last weekend completely wrong Nat and I may well have this coming weekend wrong too but I just believe that last weekend was a wake up call to the players and management which they should all learn a lesson from. Will they? That’s the question but we’re probably playing Burton at the weakest point of their season with all their injuries so if we don’t turn up and win this one questions will have to be seriously asked of everyone concerned. I just don’t think they will and we’ll come away with the 3 points.

7Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Wed Aug 23 2023, 11:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Three points against bottom feeders Burton and all will be forgiven for the Wigan game. Probably a return to the top spot if other results go our way.

8Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Wed Aug 23 2023, 11:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Three points against bottom feeders Burton and all will be forgiven for the Wigan game.

Speak for yourself. I won't forgive that shambles in a hurry.

9Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 09:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So time to stop the chatter and fess up. Will IE start the same team or make changes? I’d start the same eleven and give them the chance to make up but it would perhaps be understandable if he brought in the likes of George or Paris to strengthen up midfield against a notoriously physical Burton. The problem is that by doing so that he pretty much admits that our midfield, essentially Sheehan and Morley, are weak and not up to a team bottom of the league, surely suffering in confidence and missing several first team players. Whoever he starts, nothing but a comprehensive win will suffice for me and I do think we’ll get it whatever eleven he puts out. Brewers 0 Whites 4 to make up for last week.

10Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:So time to stop the chatter and fess up. Will IE start the same team or make changes? I’d start the same eleven and give them the chance to make up but it would perhaps be understandable if he brought in the likes of George or Paris to strengthen up midfield against a notoriously physical Burton. The problem is that by doing so that he pretty much admits that our midfield, essentially Sheehan and Morley, are weak and not up to a team bottom of the league, surely suffering in confidence and missing several first team players. Whoever he starts, nothing but a comprehensive win will suffice for me and I do think we’ll get it whatever eleven he puts out. Brewers 0 Whites 4 to make up for last week.

Guaranteed changes. Morley out and possibly Sheehan too.

Personally I'd drop the bloody lot of 'em and play the kids.

11Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 13:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we can't beat the bottom team, then surely, we don't deserve to be promoted - it's as simple as that. Go in there with total confidence and get the job done. COYWM

12Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Guaranteed changes. Morley out and possibly Sheehan too.

Personally I'd drop the bloody lot of 'em and play the kids.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 14:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 14:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:If we can't beat the bottom team, then surely, we don't deserve to be promoted - it's as simple as that. Go in there with total confidence and get the job done. COYWM
Weren’t Wigan bottom last week TA? Somewhat different I think but I know what you mean and fully agree, we need to win this today and no excuses.

15Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 14:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:If we can't beat the bottom team, then surely, we don't deserve to be promoted - it's as simple as that. Go in there with total confidence and get the job done. COYWM
Weren’t Wigan bottom last week TA? Somewhat different I think but I know what you mean and fully agree, we need to win this today and no excuses.

Back to winning ways I hope guys! :pray:

16Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

17Burton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton 1-1 Bolton Sat Aug 26 2023, 15:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote: