Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Derby

+3
terenceanne
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Bolton 2-1 Derby Wed Aug 30 2023, 20:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big game.

Big crowd.

We've seen it happen too many times before.

Bolton 0-3 Derby

2Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Wed Aug 30 2023, 21:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that I am not looking forward to this game.

3Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Thu Aug 31 2023, 11:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately, this is a rare occasion where i have to agree with Nat. The way we are playing right now I see 1-2 at best.  Keeping fingers crossed - no football logic as to why we would win.

4Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Thu Aug 31 2023, 13:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its got draw written all over it for me, neither team are doing great at the moment.

5Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Thu Aug 31 2023, 16:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Current form says we are unlikely to win this game.

Sadly after 9 points from three games, it couldn't have gone much worse than it has.

7 of the 10 points have come from the bottom three clubs in the division.

6Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Thu Aug 31 2023, 23:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well I’ve been entirely positive so far this season but feel I have been a little let down by recent performances. On that basis I might be a little more sceptical but personally I don’t rate Derby much so I’m going for another Wanderers win 2-1.

7Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 14:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

8Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 14:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 14:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fingers crossed for a win today but feel it's going to be a boring 0-0 draw!

10Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 15:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 17:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally back to winning ways!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

12Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 18:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

A very confident penalty! Very Happy

13Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sat Sep 02 2023, 18:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The winning goal

14Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sun Sep 03 2023, 11:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Much better today. Without Iredale hoofing it all over we had Toal running with the ball. Sheehan crossing good corners etc etc......shame the international break will snap out rhyme.
Sheehan man of the match for me then Toal.

15Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Sun Sep 03 2023, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great game. We played really well for an hour, best we've played since our hot streak earlier this year.

Has Evans finally learnt from his mistakes in big games? Picking Thomason was long overdue, and his protection allowed Sheehan to play further forward and bring others into the game.

Man of the match is a difficult choice as Thomason, Sheehan and Toal were all excellent.

But, but, but.....those last 10-15 minutes were excruciating to watch. We were comfortable until then but the introduction of a raft of subs really put us on the back foot, was there really a need for 5 subs? And if you are going to bring a striker on he has to be able to hold the ball up - neither Nlundulu or Jerome can do that. I don't know what Bod has to do to get on the pitch.

But that aside, excellent day out especially as the girl who takes her shoes and socks off at half-time hasn't been seen all season.

16Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Mon Sep 04 2023, 09:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Other than the needless use of 5 subs my main concern is that despite completely dominating the game (until the substitutions?) we again failed to score a proper well constructed goal from open play. How many chances did we have to shoot when instead we chose yet another pass? How many times did we constantly float in high crosses which apart from being useless to our forwards were won by Derbys bigger defenders. Surely if we’re going to score put them in fast and low and at least give our forwards a chance and make it difficult for their defenders. How many times did we waste free kicks in good positions never troubling either defenders or keeper? OK we won and fully deserved to, I take nothing away from that but really to have played so well yet in truth fail to score has to pose a question for me. Everyone will say well it’s Derby and they’re a top side but actually I don’t think they are. Saturday they looked average at best and whilst they may improve over the season that won’t change the fact last weekend. I’m happy we won, we were excellent but it still doesn’t gloss over the weaknesses for me which are still there in the same places they’ve been since IE came.

17Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Mon Sep 04 2023, 10:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we started the game very well but couldn't score which seems to be our big problem these days.

We did deserve to win but we did put pressure on ourselves in the last 15-20 minutes. 5 subs seems too many to me, that's half the team! No wonder they looked disjointed.

On a positive note though what a player Toal is! Everyone raves about Rico bit for me Toal is better.

18Bolton 2-1 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Derby Mon Sep 04 2023, 15:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I thought we started the game very well but couldn't score which seems to be our big problem these days.

We did deserve to win but we did put pressure on ourselves in the last 15-20 minutes. 5 subs seems too many to me, that's half the team! No wonder they looked disjointed.

On a positive note though what a player Toal is! Everyone raves about Rico bit for me Toal is better.
I agree with that Norpig, Toal has been exceptional since he’s been here and it wouldn’t surprise me if it were he and not Rico that the bigger boys came chasing, especially if he shows for his country too which I’m sure he will once he’s fit and in the squad again. He also seems more Captain material constantly indicating to the other players where they should be. Rico never does that, nor Geth so with Eoin and young George looking captain material we seem well set for the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum