Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Derby

+22
Quent
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Bolton Nuts
observer
chipbutty
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
jayjay23
JonnyRandom
Lofty_Love
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Owens record
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
bwfc71
Sluffy
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Bolton 2-0 Derby Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Will anything improve for Tuesday or will we play 4-4-2 yet again with Davies and a fit again Ngog up front with Knight, Mears and Bogdan pumping the ball up field all night long?

Please someone tell me it WILL be different because I can't see it being any different to the last 99 games under Coyle!

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Aug 21 2012, 23:26; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:20

In an ideal world Coyle will have a revelation tonight and realise that he'd been picking shit players and worse formations for over a year, and decide that the answer lies in 4-2-3-1.

Bogdan

Riley Mills Ream Alonso

Andrews Vela

CYL M.Davies/Eagles Wylde

Sordell

Strong side that.

In reality he's probably come to the conclusion that we were robbed by 2 lucky Burnley goals, and nothing should change. Get ready for 4-4-2 and another spineless performance.

3Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:In an ideal world Coyle will have a revelation tonight and realise that he'd been picking shit players and worse formations for over a year, and decide that the answer lies in 4-2-3-1.

Unfortunately this is not an ideal world and Coyle will pick the same old failures!!!

So what has Coyle learned from the pathetic run in the pre-seasons and today (now apologies for the language) but he has learned fuck all. Same fucking clueless and useless players, same old formation and same old press patter - exactly as what he used last season and when he was manager of Burnley!

Enough is enough - COYLE OUT!

4Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 03:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan
Riley
Alonso
Ream
Mills
CYL
Wylde
Andrews
MDavies
Sordell
Ngog/Afobe

5Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 09:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be exactly the same as the majority of last season, a couple of changes in a desperate attempt to stumble upon the right team.

If he plays Mears, Davies & Knight again he should be shot.

6Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 11:17

Owens record

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi new to this site. Why has Owen coyle not lost the fans? Or did he lose them yesterday? Does anyone know of or see Afobe kick off with a fan?

7Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owens record wrote:Hi new to this site. Why has Owen coyle not lost the fans? Or did he lose them yesterday? Does anyone know of or see Afobe kick off with a fan?

Yesterday was the first time I witnessed the majority of fans abuse Owen Coyle. Another couple of defeats and he'll lose the last remaining Coyle lovers.

8Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 11:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You would like to think any rational minded manager would change things on tuesday, but as this is coyle you just know he is going to keep the same starting 11 pretty much and ''give them another chance to prove their worth''.

My starting 11 for tuesday if we were to go 4-5-1 would be the same back 4 but mills instead of knight but with the following infront of the back 4;
Lee.....Andrews.....Pratley....Wylde
M.Davies or Eagles
Sordell

9Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:You would like to think any rational minded manager would change things on tuesday, but as this is coyle you just know he is going to keep the same starting 11 pretty much and ''give them another chance to prove their worth''.

This is why it is so difficult to predict our results. If I had known SKD and Knight would both start against Burnley I honestly would have predicted a 2-0 defeat.

10Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This is what annoys me more than anything, davies and knight were fucking aweful last year but for some reason known only to the wise one he sticks with them and even offers knight a new contract. Where he got this from about not being able to play Sordell because SKD and Ngog went through a good patch confuses the hell out of me.

A shit example but it's like playing a computer game and you keep getting killed on one level but keep doing the exact same thing over and over again and not realising what you are doing wrong.

Change it Coyle for fuck sake!

11Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's against the BWFC religion to dump SKD. Not blaming him personally of course but I can only imagine the wages for this season that could have gone to someone else. Being a good servant is grand but this is football not the Salvation Army. Also the problem is that I want him to score .... but if he does he will be in the side for the next 10 games in a row. What would Sir Alex do?
Again it's the clubs lack of vision ....not individuals.

12Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Owens record wrote:Hi new to this site. Why has Owen coyle not lost the fans? Or did he lose them yesterday? Does anyone know of or see Afobe kick off with a fan?

Yesterday was the first time I witnessed the majority of fans abuse Owen Coyle. Another couple of defeats and he'll lose the last remaining Coyle lovers.

You weren't there nat.

At least i admit i don't go to games.

13Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yep... she's just aping something I said on JA606. She can prove she was there if she was. A picture of her ticket and tell us what was going on on the pitch before kick off will do.

14Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:56

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need to take a few more long shots, keepers in the Championship are far worse than the Permier league and often long powerful shot go in, or the keeper parrys it straight out in front of him.

You see a lot a great free kicks converted in the lower leagues, then realise that its just a result of terrible keeping.

15Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:02

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We will batter them

16Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:17

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am hoping Coyle will do something drastic in terms of team selection. I am hoping he will say "you know what boys, not good enough on the opening day, and I am not having it"...

Lonergan
Riley Ream ? Alonso
Eagles Vela ? Petrov
Sordell Afobe

No Knight, No Mavies, No Davies

We made the mistake of sticking with players for too long last season, and the same set have continued where they left off last time around. We do have decent quality players who are under performing for what ever reason and they need a kick up the butt now before we sink into another lull. One massive change in the team for Tuesday might give the others a kick start they need, and you know what, if Tuesdays team get a result let them continue.

17Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Bogdan is one of the best goalkeepers of the Championship,would keep him. Also chungy was the only creative player at burnely and was part of all of our best chances (ok one was a sitter he missed but at least he was in space and dangerous).

Petrov has a lethal cross but the rest of his game isnt great and we don't actually try to cross much.

-------Bogdan
Mears--Ream--Mills--Ricketts
---Andrews--Pratley/Vela
Chungy--Eagles--Wylde--
-------Sordell-------

This will beat Derby, would give us more of a solid back with Andrews and Pratley/Vela helping out, at least then when we do lose the ball upfield we will have 6 players already back instead of 4. And eagles chungy and Sordell are by far our most creative players.

Also why is everyone so reluctant to sell M.Davies, every time he plays he gets slagged of and him being in the team IMO is one of the main reasons we lost, he is not a good player.

Until we have a DM or Holden I don't want to see 4-4-2 again, either 4-5-1 for away games or 4-2-3-1 as above at home

18Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JayJay still picking lonergan even though Bogdan was our best player?!

19Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All these decent formations and teams are basically not going to happen. This is Coyle we are talking about! Its going to be 4-4-2 and both SKD (who is our captain) and Zat Knight"mare" will play - meaning any opposition will have a field day.

20Bolton 2-0 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:02

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Heres a bit of hope:

From readings first 7 games last season they only got 4 points

I wouldn't start worrying too much yet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic