Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Madine

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gary Madine Empty Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 09:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Madine is still looking for a club after leaving Blackpool in the summer.

He is currently 33 years of age and scored 24 goals in 96 games when he was last at Bolton between 2015-2018 which works out roughly 1 goal every 4 games.

He does have a cruciate ligament injury and is expected to be out of action until 2024.

With having a striker in the team with experience, would you fancy him back having a go if he could stay out of the injury room?

2Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A fit Madine is better than Nlundulu, Jerome & Vic, at least he might win a header.

But he's injured so it's a non-starter.

3Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 11:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He may be ready in the January transfer window.

I doubt he will demand high wages that we can’t afford and he would be a good addition for that promotion push into the Championship.

4Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 12:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No on Madine......but can someone explain to me how Lee is still unemployed.

5Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 12:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can’t believe anyone could seriously want Madine back. Evatt doesn’t play with a target man like Parky did and with the attitude we know he’s got he’d never work with IE. Agree with TA though about Lee, I’m wondering if he still wants to play or has retired as the reason?

6Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 13:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Can’t believe anyone could seriously want Madine back. Evatt doesn’t play with a target man like Parky did and with the attitude we know he’s got he’d never work with IE.

I'd take him back. Apart from the obvious (he's been playing Championship football for a few seasons) the very fact Evans doesn't play with a target man is exactly why we should have signed someone like Madine. You need a plan B, this manager doesn't have one.

How many times have Nlundulu, Vic or Jermone come on in the last 15 minutes and won us a point or three? I'll tell you - NEVER.

7Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Sun Sep 10 2023, 17:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'd take him back. Apart from the obvious (he's been playing Championship football for a few seasons) the very fact Evans doesn't play with a target man is exactly why we should have signed someone like Madine. You need a plan B, this manager doesn't have one.

How many times have Nlundulu, Vic or Jermone come on in the last 15 minutes and won us a point or three? I'll tell you - NEVER.
There was a point when I’d have had The Washing Machine back Nat but not now after his injuries and at his age. I agree with you he’d offer something different than what we have but I’m sure there are better options out there for where we’re hopefully heading. That said I just couldn’t see Evatt putting up with Gary’s attitude as I don’t think he likes strong characters in the dressing room. 🤨

8Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Fri Sep 15 2023, 08:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always hated Madine. 

I have to say nlundulu is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen.

9Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Wed Sep 20 2023, 22:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Footage released by police shows a former  Bolton Wanderers player running away from police after crashing his car.

Gary Madine, a 33-year-old footballer who played for the Bolton Wanderers from 2015 to 2018, sped off from police on April 3 this year in Birtley, Gateshead after crashing his Range Rover into a Ford Focus, then running off.

Madine was charged with driving a motor vehicle dangerously, driving in a public place without due care and attention, failing to stop after a road accident, failing to stop when required by a constable or traffic warden, and failing to give information relating to his ID when required.

Madine  was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended for 18 months, with 250 hours of unpaid work at Newcastle Crown Court.

In dashcam footage released by Northumbria Police, the Range Rover can be seen weaving in and out of streets before crashing into a Ford Focus.

Madine continues driving before finally stopping and getting out of the car along with a passenger.

Both men then run away from the police.

Madine was also given a driving ban for 12 months.

The footballer was previously jailed in 2013 and released after five months for ABH and GBH.

Neil Lennon signed him for Bolton soon after and he rebuilt his career, scoring 26 goals in two-and-a-half seasons and earning a £6million move to Cardiff City.

He played Premier League football for the Bluebirds and then had spells at Sheffield United and Blackpool before being released in the summer after suffering a serious knee injury.

10Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Thu Sep 21 2023, 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A top man and a very good player. Shame.

11Gary Madine Empty Re: Gary Madine Thu Sep 21 2023, 17:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum