Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back him or sack him (Gary Madine).

+11
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Back or Sack?

Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Vote_lcap25%Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Vote_rcap 25% [ 6 ]
Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Vote_lcap75%Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Vote_rcap 75% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 11:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has a history of punching people, but he'll do a better job than some (That's why Lennon want's him), - because of his crimes would you boo him from the off and want him sacked immediately, (maybe a protest) or back him and hope he keeps out of trouble and does well for us?

Don't forget Floyd Mayweather, Cantona, Suarez, Tyson, have all come back to win major titles, so reform can happen.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's not really a case of booing him if he plays. I don't go to the macron to boo anybody, I just don't agree we should sign him. If he pulls on a whites shirt I want him to do well and behave.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:It's not really a case of booing him if he plays. I don't go to the macron to boo anybody, I just don't agree we should sign him. If he pulls on a whites shirt I want him to do well and behave.

:agree:

He is here now so we should give him a chance. Smile

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

back him definitely, he has a clean slate for now it's up to him now how he conducts himself.

Not the first scumbag to play for us and definitely won't be the last. I'd hope the club has been smart enough to put a break clause into his contract if he gets into trouble again.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need an El Hadji Diouf.cheers i really don't understand the bitterness about his past, he will be playing for us next season, lets back him.

Hopefully he'll do well.

You're not that simple Scott, you know exactly why people don't like a footballer who's been convicted of 3 separate assaults.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You're not that simple Scott, you know exactly why people don't like a footballer who's been convicted of 3 separate assaults.

I also know that football fans are fickle.

Of course they are, but how does that justify your point?

10Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 13:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Of course they are, but how does that justify your point?

The person or persons that are moaning about having him wear a white shirt will be the ones jumping up and singing his name, when he scores.

i couldn't give a rocket about his past personally.

11Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 14:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

The person or persons that are moaning about having him wear a white shirt will be the ones jumping up and singing his name, when he scores.

:clap:

12Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 14:43

#obsessed

13Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 14:53

scottjames30 wrote:

Have to wait and see, but I still think it's pretty obvious why some aren't happy about signing him.

14Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 15:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Have to wait and see, but I still think it's pretty obvious why some aren't happy about signing him.
The small odd few it seems, it doesn't really matter about them.

15Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 16:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only criminal record that concerns me is his goals to games ratio.

16Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 16:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess I'm one of those few then.

I don't know the bloke and I've no say on whom Bolton sign or not but I certainly don't buy into this myth that once someone as served their 'time', then they are now a completely reformed character.

If that was indeed the case why then can't convicted paediophiles ever work with children again, or thieves work in banks, or drunk/drug taking drivers work on public transport, etc, etc?

He's clearly not a kid anymore and has a string of fairly recent convictions - so what makes people think he still not the same person who was going around hitting people just a year or two ago?

If I had ever done anything like that during my career I know my employment would have been contractually terminated for bringing my employers into disrepute - and more telling - would become unemployable throughout my industry.

I can only think of sport - football in particularly - where people place more value on what can do, to the exclusion of everything else.

Clearly in the case of Ched Evans, several clubs would willingly have signed a convicted rapist, much to the disgust of their own fan base!  It was only when the clubs sponsors suddenly started to pull out that the clubs 'suddenly' started to see things differently.

I also don't buy into this bullshit attitude about 'he might be a knob but at least he's our knob' thinking.

Many said this about Diouf - the drunk driver and wife beater (his wife withdrew charges before it went to court).

So it's alright to hit women and be a potential killer on the road just because he plays for 'our' club.

Bollocks it is, that's just the reasoning of a child - a very immature one at that.

It certainly won't be a proud moment in the history of the club if we do sign Madine in my oponion.

Might as well sign up Luke McCormack at the same time as we are a bit short of a keeper at the moment.

Rolling Eyes

17Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 16:59

Well said Sluff.

18Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 17:03

Sluffy wrote:I guess I'm one of those few then.

I don't know the bloke and I've no say on whom Bolton sign or not but I certainly don't buy into this myth that once someone as served their 'time', then they are now a completely reformed character.

If that was indeed the case why then can't convicted paediophiles ever work with children again, or thieves work in banks, or drunk/drug taking drivers work on public transport, etc, etc?

He's clearly not a kid anymore and has a string of fairly recent convictions - so what makes people think he still not the same person who was going around hitting people just a year or two ago?

If I had ever done anything like that during my career I know my employment would have been contractually terminated for bringing my employers into disrepute - and more telling - would become unemployable throughout my industry.

I can only think of sport - football in particularly - where people place more value on what can do, to the exclusion of everything else.

Clearly in the case of Ched Evans, several clubs would willingly have signed a convicted rapist, much to the disgust of their own fan base!  It was only when the clubs sponsors suddenly started to pull out that the clubs 'suddenly' started to see things differently.

I also don't buy into this bullshit attitude about 'he might be a knob but at least he's our knob' thinking.

Many said this about Diouf - the drunk driver and wife beater (his wife withdrew charges before it went to court).

So it's alright to hit women and be a potential killer on the road just because he plays for 'our' club.

Bollocks it is, that's just the reasoning of a child - a very immature one at that.

It certainly won't be a proud moment in the history of the club if we do sign Madine in my oponion.

Might as well sign up Luke McCormack at the same time as we are a bit short of a keeper at the moment.

Rolling Eyes

19Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 17:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the best we can get so you better get used to the idea of signing him

20Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Empty Re: Back him or sack him (Gary Madine). Thu May 21 2015, 17:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I guess I'm one of those few then.

Rolling Eyes

Sluffy, I can't help but wonder if you extended your thinking slightly, and ban everyone who has punched somebody, or suchlike, to the posters on here, how many would there be left ?
Although you have your views, and most I usually agree with, I think pre-judging this player won't help. If he's bad, he'll get hounded out, and his record used as the stick. If he's good, and behaves himself, then the right decision has been made, in my opinion. As with all these things, only time will tell. I have to admit to be rather wary myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum