Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Israel at War

+2
wanderlust
Sluffy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Thu 12 Oct - 2:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:According to several sources, Israel was warned of an impending attack by Egypt intelligence services 3 days in advance - but Israel chose to ignore it.

The 'source' is a Republican Congressman Michael McCaul

HOWEVER...

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu described the reports as "absolutely false".

On Wednesday, Mr Netanyahu described any suggestion that Israel had received a specific warning in advance of the deadly incursion as "totally fake news".

An Egyptian intelligence official told the Associated Press news agency this week that Cairo had repeatedly warned the Israelis "something big" was being planned from Gaza.

"We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Cairo official said Israeli officials had played down the threat from Gaza, instead focusing on the West Bank.

According to the Financial Times, quoting two unnamed officials familiar with the matter, there was no hard intelligence of a specific attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67082047

Seems more likely that Egypt reported that something was 'big was in the air' in Gaza, but didn't know any details of what it might be and Israel ignored it based on the fact that neither their own intelligence nor US intelligence had picked anything up and still believed Hamas was brewing something up from the West Bank direction.

Seems Hamas simply successfully hid what they were doing from everybody, unfortunately for what has since happened.

22Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Thu 12 Oct - 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

According to the Financial Times, quoting two unnamed officials familiar with the matter, there was no hard intelligence of a specific attack.
That's ambiguous.
What the FT actually said was:

The warnings were not hard intelligence about a specific attack, they said. Egypt instead relayed concerns that “matters could explode because of the political and humanitarian situation in Gaza”, one of the people said. The other called it a “general warning”.

i.e. that the warnings were given - but they were a general warning rather than a  warning with specifics.

The way I read it is the Israelis were told "something is brewing but we're not sure exactly what it is - so be on alert!"

Clearly they weren't.

23Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Thu 12 Oct - 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

That's ambiguous.
What the FT actually said was:

The warnings were not hard intelligence about a specific attack, they said. Egypt instead relayed concerns that “matters could explode because of the political and humanitarian situation in Gaza”, one of the people said. The other called it a “general warning”.

i.e. that the warnings were given - but they were a general warning rather than a  warning with specifics.

The way I read it is the Israelis were told "something is brewing but we're not sure exactly what it is - so be on alert!"

Clearly they weren't.

???

What is wrong with you???

That's what I've already said!!!

Sluffy wrote:Seems more likely that Egypt reported that something was 'big was in the air' in Gaza, but didn't know any details of what it might be and Israel ignored it based on the fact that neither their own intelligence nor US intelligence had picked anything up and still believed Hamas was brewing something up from the West Bank direction.

Seems Hamas simply successfully hid what they were doing from everybody, unfortunately for what has since happened

ie I've given you a GENERAL WARNING that if you carry on with the Wanderlust and Sluffy show, I will ban you for good and not a SPECIFIC WARNING that the next time you do, I will ban you immediately.

The Israeli's (and American's) clearly believed there was nothing in the general warning just as you (and the other mods) don't really believe I'll put an end to this shit once and for all, they thought it was an empty threat ignored it and carried on doing what they were doing and got fucked because they did...

Is it any clearer to you now...

24Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Fri 13 Oct - 12:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As far as I can tell this is the official Israeli twitter account

https://twitter.com/Israel?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

On the account if you look for them, there are pictures of dead and burned babies and infants - I'll not post them up for obvious reasons.

The site also has reposted this below which states within it that babies were decapitated.

If so this seems to be the official line from the Israel government.

Governments do lie - Russia is doing so every day in respect of the war in Ukraine for instance, so up to you if you believe about the decapitation and infanticide officially reported.

Seeing the atrocities the IS Muslim extremists did next door in Syria and Iraq just a few years ago, it does seem more than likely to me.

25Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Fri 13 Oct - 13:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The UN have asked Israel to withdraw their demand for the evacuation of northern Gaza on the grounds that it isn't possible to move over a million people especially when there is a fuel shortage for transport, there are large numbers of sick and wounded who can't be transported and all refugee support aid including food and water has been blocked. Egypt won't open the border to the south, so something will have to give to prevent further escalation of the victimisation of non-combatants. At least the situation in Israel has stabilised considerably but I fear there will be many more deaths in Gaza before a solution is found.

26Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Sat 14 Oct - 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't even settle the flour cake debate, so the Middle East crisis might be a bridge too far. Smile

27Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Sun 29 Oct - 1:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This bloke is the favourite behind Trump for the Republican nomination to be President.

He could if things goes his way become the next President of the USA.

Let that sink in...

28Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Mon 30 Oct - 13:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Frightening isn’t it what a bunch of clowns we’ve got running the world. Everywhere you look USA, China, the UN, EU, Russia, Iran, Israel and even here, what a state. Surely there can’t ever have been a time when so many low life’s were in charge? What a terribly sad state of affairs and what an unsafe world we live in.

29Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Tue 31 Oct - 0:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Extremist Israeli settlers in the West Bank, emboldened by recent events have stepped up their persecution and murder of Palestinian farmers living in the area, driving them off their homeland.
West Bank Palestinian villages have been denied planning permission to build homes, schools and hospitals by the occupiers for years and have had to endure settlers cutting off their electricity and water and having their roads blocked but now the messianists have taken the law into their own hands and are shooting farmers and openly stealing their land with the support of the right wing government. Anyone resisting being forced off their land is accused of supporting Hamas and arrested.

In a rare direct condemnation of the violence, President Biden said last week that attacks by “extremist settlers” amounted to “pouring gasoline” on fires already burning. “It has to stop,” he said. “They have to be held accountable.”

Here's the reasoning of the settlers:

30Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Tue 31 Oct - 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC sticking to his guns. Pissing off all the right people.

31Israel at War - Page 2 Empty Re: Israel at War Sat 4 Nov - 7:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum