Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers get double boost as Evatt plans FA Cup changes against Harrogate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers get double boost as Evatt plans FA Cup changes against Harrogate 17495356

Randell Williams and Zac Ashworth are back in the mix for Wanderers as Ian Evatt considers making changes for the FA Cup second round.

Williams has recovered sufficiently from a bout of tendonitis which kept him out of games against Exeter City and Oxford United and been given the green-light to feature this weekend.

Ashworth, whose last appearance was as a substitute in the 3-1 home defeat against Carlisle United on October 7, has rid himself of a calf problem that had side-lined him for club and Wales Under-21s for several weeks.

He featured for more than an hour in the B Team's 2-2 friendly draw against Notts County on Tuesday, and came through the game unscathed.

Evatt is looking to give opportunities to some of the players who have not been in the starting line-up of late – which could mean starts for Aaron Morley, Dan Nlundulu, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Carlos Mendes Gomes and Will Forrester.

And it may even fall on the shoulders of Joel Coleman, rather than Nathan Baxter, to keep goal as the club seek a record eighth consecutive clean sheet in al competitions.

Asked if Williams could be back to face Harrogate, the Bolton boss said: “Quite possibly.

“Both him and Zac should be available, which increases the squad and the options we have got.

“I really am delighted with the depth we have got at the moment and they are a good group.

“At the weekend we might be able to change a few things, there are players who have been waiting for that chance, coming off the bench and showing me what they can do. This does give us the opportunity to rotate a little bit, knowing that whatever team I put out there will be a strong one that can get us into the next round.”

Wanderers felt a little hard done by on Tuesday night that their efforts at the Kassam Stadium amounted to only a point but Evatt feels the reaction was indicative of how competitive his squad has become.

After failing to register a shot on goal in the first half, Bolton rained in 10 after the break as they completely took control of the game. But for the first time since the home defeat against Wigan Athletic in August they were unable to get a goal on the board.

“They are really disappointed but that is the standard and level we have created in the squad, and it is no bad thing,” Evatt added.

“It just wasn’t our night in that respect, there were ricochets, people weren’t following in, but I think if we continue to play like that we will have no worries at all. There are not many teams who come here and have that sort of dominance.

“They are a possession-based football team and I haven’t seen many of the stats but I am quite sure we had most of the possession, most the dominance.

“The chances we created in the second half is a natural thing now. We are becoming the type of team which constantly asks the opposition questions, constantly probes.

“When they fatigue – and I think Oxford did fatigue in the end because of the amount of concentration and effort they put in – we should have taken advantage. We didn’t but it is a really good point and we’ll move on.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum