Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harrogate boss Weaver makes Bolton League One prediction

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harrogate boss Weaver makes Bolton League One prediction 17508847

Harrogate boss Simon Weaver labelled some of his side’s defending “a shambles” during their 5-1 defeat against Wanderers in the FA Cup second round.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson scored a first-half hat trick, with Dan Nlundulu adding a couple more after the break.

The Harrogate chief knew it would be difficult against the Whites but felt his side lacked belief in the final third.

“I thought they were good. You have got to raise your game against top-end League One opposition,” said Weaver.

“Bolton are very strong, they have a great squad and I am sure they will be a Championship club next season. But I expected a lot more from our team. I thought we fell short and didn’t really lay a glove on them this afternoon.

He added: “We weren’t without our opportunities. Other than the goal, we had plenty of opportunities to seize the moment and tale advantage of, but we didn’t.

“There was maybe a lack of belief in the final third. But that takes a bit more poise, a bit more confidence and people grabbing the moment like Tommo did for his fine finish.

“Defensively, it was a shambles at times. Conceding five goals by 55 minutes it a source of great embarrassment.”

George Thomson pulled one back on the stroke of half time but Nlundulu killed their momentum with a quickfire double early in the second half.

“It was soft as putty in the area for the two goals (just after half time). We were not getting tight enough and not physical enough,” Weaver continued.

“There is plenty of regret in that changing room now. I can only apologise (to the fans), I sent out that team.

“I thought on the back of the other night (2-2 draw against Wrexham) we would put up more of a fight, and we didn’t. We have let them down.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum