Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Frustrated' Sheehan ready to be deployed again against Orient

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Frustrated' Sheehan ready to be deployed again against Orient 17577157

Josh Sheehan admits the pressure on Wanderers to beat Leyton Orient has been ramped up after back-to-back defeats in League One.

The Wales international had to watch on from the stands after picking up a one-game suspension for last weekend’s disappointing show against Bristol Rovers.

He returns to contention against the O’s, where Bolton will be looking to correct their course in front of another 20,000-plus gate at the Toughsheet Stadium.

“I couldn’t tell you how or why it has happened, but I think it has been more about us not playing to our best rather than us being outplayed or out-fought,” he said of the recent losses.

“We haven’t played to anything like the best of our ability over the last two games and if we can get back to the performance levels we had previously then I think we will be alright.

“There’s a bit more pressure now, potentially. But I think every home game we play there is big pressure on us because our home form tends to be around the best in the league.

“It’s a big stadium, a lot of home fans, teams are always going to see it as a cup final type of vibe. We know that every game is a pressure game because the teams around us are winning and we need to keep it up as well.”

Ricardo Santos will be suspended against Orient, taking up a vantage point that Sheehan did not enjoy behind the dugout.

“It is very frustrating, to be honest, if you can be involved or feel you should be involved then it can be very frustrating watching,” he said. “But you just have to support the boys and be in the dressing room, it is just what I think you should do.

“I know Rico will be disappointed but it was just a mistake. We all back him.

“Playing in the position he does, last man, he knows any errors could be costly. But he will be back, no problem.”

Sheehan has plenty to look forward to in 2024, including the possibility of a European Championships with Wales, if they progress past the play-offs.

He feels Bolton’s style of football has helped him on the international front and is excited about what is in store.

“Sometimes you have to be at the right team, and I feel like I am at the right club and the right team at the moment,” he said. “I feel like the way we want to play and how the gaffer sees the game, that is what I have grown up with at Swansea. I think everything was put in place for me to come here and hopefully, as a team, we can keep going the way we want to go.

“The way we play, some of the boys who are at Premier League teams play that way. When I go there, I feel comfortable and back myself in that environment. I back myself to get on the ball in any scenario, even with the players there. I think the way we play does help and we probably play more than some of the teams higher up the divisions.”

Sheehan missed out on the World Cup in 2022 having got to the fringes of the Welsh squad once before and is now determined to ensure his club form gives him the best possible chance of selection.

“It was frustrating back then because I had started that season well and the injury stopped me in my tracks a bit,” he said. “My focus is not really on (the Euros) because here is such a big gap, I think March is the play-offs. My ambition is just to keep winning here and for me to be playing to the best level I can, then it will take care of itself. Whatever happens there, I am happy as long as I am doing well here.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum