Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Whites waiting on 'bangs and bruises' ahead of Fleetwood trip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Whites waiting on 'bangs and bruises' ahead of Fleetwood trip 17591104

Ian Evatt is confident his Wanderers side have come through their win at Lincoln unscathed barring a couple of “bangs and bruises”.

Evatt opted to make five changes against the Imps to combat the fixture congestion over the festive period, with the likes of Randell Williams and Victor Adeboyejo returning to the side.

“I think we are OK, there are one or two bangs and bruises,” said the Bolton boss.

“Sometimes it is difficult, the morning after the game, to recognise if it is a bang or bruise or something more significant. It takes 48 hours really to tell where we are at, but I think we are OK.”

He added: “To play the way we want to play takes a lot of energy, intensity and focus. You need to be fresh to be able to do it.

“Obviously, we can’t change all 11 every game but what we can do in the key departments of the pitch – which require the most energy, like the middle of the pitch – we can make changes to freshen things up.

“We have got a good squad of players and I thought we saw that on Tuesday. Then if we need to change it in games, we can also do that.

“It is just about utilising the squad, it is very much a squad game now and you can’t win anything with just 11. I think the squad are standing up to be counted at the moment.”

The win on Boxing Day saw Wanderers move within four points of leaders Portsmouth with a game in hand at this stage.

“For us, it is about focusing on our performance and process,” the manager explained. “We believe that if we can play to the best of our ability, or close to that, we have got a food chance of getting three points.

“That was the case at Lincoln, we played very well and deserved the three points. We will try to replicate that type of performance at Fleetwood on Friday.”

Lee Johnson’s side find themselves 23rd in the League One table, four points from safety, ahead of their clash with the Whites.

“They are a team who are struggling at the moment but Lee knows what he is doing, he is a very experienced manager,” Evatt continued.

“Fleetwood is never an easy place to go, it would be nice to see some calm weather! Fingers crossed it settles by Friday.

“For us, it is about going there and focusing on ourselves and our performance. If we can do what we did at Lincoln, it gives us a good chance.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum