Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby boss Paul Warne's verdict on Wanderers and Ian Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby boss Paul Warne's verdict on Wanderers and Ian Evatt 17859113

Derby boss Paul Warne admits his side’s clash with Wanderers is a game “neither team will want to lose”.

The Rams currently sit second in the table, a point above Wanderers, following their 2-1 win against Reading in midweek.

Warne hopes they can bring their A game against a Bolton side full of confidence following their emphatic victory against Oxford.

“I think it is a game that neither team will want to lose. Ironically, we will both be going for it but if you lose it is a bigger blow,” he told RamsTV.

“It felt a bigger blow when we lost at home to Peterborough in January than when we lost at home to Charlton a few weeks ago. It has more connotations further down the line.

“With eight games to go, there are still 24 points to go so even if you lose it and win six of your other games, you may be handsome and get the job done.

“Three games in a week has been notoriously tough for us, so it is about trying to refresh the lads as best we can and trying to be the best team we can be to win.”

Wanderers recorded a 2-1 victory when the sides met at the Toughsheet Community Stadium earlier in the season thanks to goals from Dion Charles and Josh Dacres-Cogley.

“I think they are a very well managed club,” Warne continued. “I really like Ian Evatt, I think he is a really good coach and a really good guy.

“I like the way his teams play, I have seen a lot of them. They have got a couple of injuries with two of their strikers ruled out, although they still have two formidable strikers to come in.

“They have put themselves in a really good position. This is their third season in League One and they have sort of built and improved on the team year-on-year.

“The club has massive expectations and with that comes a pressure for the players, not dissimilar to us.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum