Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gartside That Bad?

+9
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
Copper Dragon
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes.

He lost us BSA and gave us Lee, followed by Megson and Coyle. He then persevered with Coyle far too long. How on earth could he not have sacked Coyle when he got us relegated? Even when he sacked Coyle it seems that he was forced to do it by Eddie D.

2Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:07

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He looks a bit evil to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:08

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Dougie & co do end up being another Megson & co or Coyle & co, it'll be time for Gartside to go!

4Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:08

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How did he lose us FSA?

5Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Gartside either could not or would not agree to give Sam money to spend to maintain our progress. Yet Lee and Megson were given millions to waste. I find it difficult to understand how this money could be available so soon after Sam left and not a few months earlier.

6Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:How did he lose us FSA?

I can answer that. Having spent gazillions on superstar wages to prop up the Allardyce era, PG didn't have enough money left to compete with Ashley therefore it's obviously his fault that the Fat boy grabbed the Geordie shekel with both hands and couldn't dump us fast enough.

7Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Gartside either could not or would not agree to give Sam money to spend to maintain our progress. Yet Lee and Megson were given millions to waste. I find it difficult to understand how this money could be available so soon after Sam left and not a few months earlier.

It's been explained loads of times why Megson got the money and Allardyce didn't. You keep thinking that if you want though. Even though it's Eddie Davies who has the money and not Gartside.

8Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Gartside either could not or would not agree to give Sam money to spend to maintain our progress. Yet Lee and Megson were given millions to waste. I find it difficult to understand how this money could be available so soon after Sam left and not a few months earlier.

It was never about the money. It was about...

Panorama's 'Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets' claimed that Allardyce and his son Craig, formerly a football agent, were given illegal payments to facilitate player transfers. He has apparently revealed his reasons for stepping down to Gartside, but the Bolton chairman wants the matter to be kept private.

9Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:How did he lose us FSA?

I can answer that. Having spent gazillions on superstar wages to prop up the Allardyce era, PG didn't have enough money left to compete with Ashley therefore it's obviously his fault that the Fat boy grabbed the Geordie shekel with both hands and couldn't dump us fast enough.
Ashley didnt appoint Allardyce, Sam was sacked shortly after Ashley bought the club.

10Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 15:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:It was never about the money. It was about...

Panorama's 'Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets' claimed that Allardyce and his son Craig, formerly a football agent, were given illegal payments to facilitate player transfers. He has apparently revealed his reasons for stepping down to Gartside, but the Bolton chairman wants the matter to be kept private.

That's certainly not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Evil or Very Mad

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It was never about the money. It was about...

That's certainly not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Evil or Very Mad

Your link is to what the Telegraph said 4 months after he left, not what Allardyce said at the time. Just looks like a cheap shot long after the scandal was no longer news.

He'd have looked pretty stupid saying we left by mutual agreement because I brought the club into disrepute - he would have been unemployable. By throwing a red herring to the papers 4 months later he could draw a veil over the whole thing and walk away as if he was the injured party.

And his subsequent comments just showed what a two-faced backstabbing liar he is.

12Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

It's been explained loads of times why Megson got the money and Allardyce didn't. You keep thinking that if you want though. Even though it's Eddie Davies who has the money and not Gartside.

I agree that ultimately Eddie has the money not Gartside but you will have to refresh my memory about how come there was money available for Lee and Megson but not a few months earlier.

13Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:

It was never about the money. It was about...

I remember the dodgy payments involving Allardyce junior but don't recall any evidence that Sam resigned because of the scandal. He may have done, but we do know that he wasn't given any money in January to strengthen the squad and it's been downhill ever since.

14Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No he isn't that bad.

but sadly he made one very very big error, and that was making a rash decision after Sam left to take Sammy Lee on.

15Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting that the only dissent is around the departure of BSA.

I assume everybody agrees with the rest of my assessment that he is that bad because "He gave us Lee, followed by Megson and Coyle. He then persevered with Coyle far too long."

16Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Interesting that the only dissent is around the departure of BSA.

I assume everybody agrees with the rest of my assessment that he is that bad because "He gave us Lee, followed by Megson and Coyle. He then persevered with Coyle far too long."

I think Lee was a fair risk, I don't really blame him for that. And he did get rid of him quick-sharp. His next two choices were plonkers though.

17Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:18

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Found this quite funny when it first came out, back in the days when we were still stuck with Mr Personality Gary Megson!

Uncle Garty's fiendish scheme:

Last edited by Lt. Boon on Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:28; edited 1 time in total

18Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Thanks Lt. Boon I enjoyed that.

19Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:I agree that ultimately Eddie has the money not Gartside but you will have to refresh my memory about how come there was money available for Lee and Megson but not a few months earlier.

New tv deal worth millions started. That's where the money came from.

20Is Gartside That Bad? Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes coyle was useless,inept, incompetant but for me gartside is worse for not sacking him last season. I cant get my head around gartside doing fuck all while it was obvious coyle was taking us down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum