Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gartside That Bad?

+9
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
Copper Dragon
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 17:53

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No he isn't that bad.

but sadly he made one very very big error, and that was making a rash decision after Sam left to take Sammy Lee on.

Agreed, we were an attractive proposition at that point we could of attracted a decent, proven manager. Appointing Lee was poor.

But overall I don't think he's that bad.

22Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:No he isn't that bad.

but sadly he made one very very big error, and that was making a rash decision after Sam left to take Sammy Lee on.

Agreed, we were an attractive proposition at that point we could of attracted a decent, proven manager. Appointing Lee was poor.

But overall I don't think he's that bad.

True, the position we we're in at the time, we cold have appointed a Hodgson type manager who may have kept us at that level but certainly not taken us from UEFA cup team to a relegation fodder over one summer.

Christ, look at the team BSA left Sammy lee with, it was ageing but had a lot of quality in it, the amount of shite Lee brought in during that summer must have got the alarm bells ringing with the rest of the players and most probably Eddie Davies himself.

It's not like Gartside and the board didn't have time to mull over the appointment, it's not as if BSA left us after the season ended.

I'm not a gartside fan, he has simply made too many bad choices during his time here.

23Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No he isn't.

The fans also wanted Coyle, and who knows where we would be without his appointment of Big Sam.

The club has invested relentlessly in its facilities and team over the last decade. And the argument about not sacking Coyle? have people forgotten we were one goal of staying up and the majority of the fans weren't getting on Coyles back at all, there is no guarantee at all that the sacking of Coyle would have kept us up, all you need do is look at Wolves last year and where their sacking got them.

24Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lofty_Love wrote:No he isn't.

The fans also wanted Coyle, and who knows where we would be without his appointment of Big Sam.

The club has invested relentlessly in its facilities and team over the last decade. And the argument about not sacking Coyle? have people forgotten we were one goal of staying up and the majority of the fans weren't getting on Coyles back at all, there is no guarantee at all that the sacking of Coyle would have kept us up, all you need do is look at Wolves last year and where their sacking got them.

The fans wanted coyle but to me it's stupidity listening to the fans, you have seen some of the crap our fans come out with on here, would you hire a manager on their point of view?

IMO after Lee and Megson we should have gone down the experienced premier league manager route, not a young guy who has only just brought a burnley team up. Ok coyle did well but hadn't been at burnley long enough to prove himself.

Anyway what's been has been we can't change that now.

25Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:have you seen some of the crap our fans come out with on here

Should a mod be slagging off the people that pay his wages?

I trust the mods will step in.

26Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:26

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This mod is seething.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Keegan wrote:This mod is seething.

So is this one, when did mods start getting paid? Shocked

28Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All mods are bellends.

29Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"mods"

Laughing

30Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 20:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:All mods are bellends.

You do talk some sense now and then.

31Is Gartside That Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside That Bad? Tue Nov 27 2012, 21:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He didn't exactly pull a rabbit out of the hat with Allardyce. He was a club legend who was doing a remarkable job at a smaller club.
With Coyle, I don't have many complaints. At the time, it was a reasonable appointment, that the majority of fans were delighted with.
You can see what he was trying to do with Megson - we needed a manager at the time who would reintroduce Allardyce's style of play. Megson was the wrong man, and with several stains on his CV (despised at Norwich, Blackpool, Forest and Leicester; even West Brom fans will tell you he was a disaster at PL level), there was no excuses.
It's early days with Freedman - it might work out, it might not, but the appointment itself was nothing short of wacky. It's not the decision of a man under that much pressure.

His arrogance grates on me more than his handling of the club. If I wasn't a Bolton fan, I'd be willing Freedman to fail just to see him look an even bigger arse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum